LX2610 Cab with oversized R14T tires??

Mtntopwoodshop

Equipment
Kubota LX2610
Aug 23, 2021
Mineral Point
Does anyone know if it's possible to run the oversized tires on the LX2610 Cab version if you add wheel spacers? I have seen regular Rops versions with them but none with cabs yet.
No MMM or Blower will be used.
Thanks in advance.

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I was told I couldn’t get the cab with the oversized tires. The cab version is completely different than the rops. They don’t simply put a cab on. It will supposedly hit the rear fenders.
Also, the inside controls are completely different than the rops models. The speed control, instrument panel etc are all different

Mtntopwoodshop

Equipment
Kubota LX2610
Aug 23, 2021
Mineral Point
Thanks for the info. My Cab version is on order waiting on loader and backhoe of course. I just feel the cab version tires are too small for the tractor. I did add wheel spacers to the build to get the stance a little wider but I feel the tractor would be better fitted with the oversized tires for weight and stability. The dealership said they would try the install of the tires when my build is ready we shall see.....

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I feel for you. I have the same tractor with a backhoe. They told me the manual says over and over, everywhere, “Do Not Use Oversized Tires”. Lol

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Just wondering what a tiny bit larger tire is going to do for you.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Thanks for the pic, those do look a lot taller than I remember.

Perhaps, they wanted to keep the short ones on the cab because it has a higher center of gravity. If that is the case, shorter with less ground clearance might make it more stable.

When I was looking, I ruled out the LX Cab for my uses since I’m on hills and the extra weight up high would have only made it less stable. You have to get to a heavy tractor before cab weight doesn’t impact stability very much. When I was looking it seemed like you had to go up to an MX to get a wide front end and rear wheels with R4s that both can offset and carry wheel weights. That was way more than I wanted to spend for my little hobby projects. :D

Anyway, good luck with your new tractor.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I think the problem lies within the backhoe. If the larger tires are filled, the stabilizers cant pick the machine up, if I am remembering correctly. there have been threads on the large tire with cabs before.

D

Deleted member 47704

Just wondering what a tiny bit larger tire is going to do for you.
Makes the width 57". very stable on side hills. More ballast, you won't lift both rear tires with the loader.Better traction and flotation. and it scares the B2601 when you park next to them.

Reactions: 1 user

JustinB60

Equipment
LX2610 w/LA535, QH15, PL1242
Mar 31, 2018
USA
Go to Kubota website and do “build your tractor” option and it’ll show you what configurations they allow and do not allow/suggest. No they don’t allow larger tires on cab as orderable configuration.