LX2610 broken hood bracket

Sean2202

Equipment
L305DT
May 27, 2019
CT
My father purchased an LX2610 with cab last year brand new with extended warranty. Nice tractor. While visiting him in central NY a few weeks ago I noticed that one of the hood brackets that hold the hood on back by the cab had a broken weld. The tractor has 111 hours on it. I called the dealer that he purchased it from and said it should be an easy fix with a mig welder.

Two techs came out. My father left for an appointment while the techs worked on it. When my father came back to check it out and lifted the hood the weld that they did broke right off. To make matters worse the windshield was gone. My father was irate. He called the dealership and the owner was very upset as well at his techs. Apparently as they welded it the heat from the welder broke the windshield. So they said. So a small easy fix turns into a nightmare. Never say anything is easy. Hopefully this will all be covered under the extended warranty.

Just letting you all know to keep an eye on your hood brackets that attach to the frame on your LX2610.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
poop happens.
I'm sure the techs felt bad too.
Surprised they didn't call your dad or leave an explanation.
Lets hope all works out in the end.
I would give them a chance to make it all right.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
The proper fix would have been to replace the defective hood. Your father may still get a new hood out of the deal but will probably have to wait for it to be shipped (along with a windshield). The dealer may have hoped the less expensive fix would be adequate. I would much rather deal with a skilled mechanic than a "technician". Hopefully the situation will resolve to your father's satisfaction.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
My father purchased an LX2610 with cab last year brand new with extended warranty. Nice tractor. While visiting him in central NY a few weeks ago I noticed that one of the hood brackets that hold the hood on back by the cab had a broken weld. The tractor has 111 hours on it. I called the dealer that he purchased it from and said it should be an easy fix with a mig welder.

Two techs came out. My father left for an appointment while the techs worked on it. When my father came back to check it out and lifted the hood the weld that they did broke right off. To make matters worse the windshield was gone. My father was irate. He called the dealership and the owner was very upset as well at his techs. Apparently as they welded it the heat from the welder broke the windshield. So they said. So a small easy fix turns into a nightmare. Never say anything is easy. Hopefully this will all be covered under the extended warranty.

Just letting you all know to keep an eye on your hood brackets that attach to the frame on your LX2610.

Jeez that stinks. But that is a tac weld. Sure ain’t no weld lol. Hopefully you get a whole new hinge/hood from this. Will definitely be keeping an eye on mine now.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS

If the tractor is under warranty, there should not have been any welding going on at all!!!
The mounting tab that is broken off is part of the shutter plate that mounts in front of the cabin. The shutter plate should have been replaced.
No welding is allowed under warranty unless Kubota authorized it beforehand using "Pre Approval", which is rare.
Kubota will not cover the glass breakage as that was a disgusting dealership screwup.

Two Techs???? They must be city kids........

Reactions: 1 user