LX2610 Backhoe AND Filled Tires - WSM Says No

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
FWIW, my dealer filled my turfs without even asking, found out when I picked it up. No charge for it so I didn't mind. They had absolutely no concerns with being filled while using the BH77, said it's a non-issue. I took his word for it and haven't had a problem, and I work the BH pretty hard.

timb365

Apr 9, 2021
Western NJ
I reached out to the dealer and the response was along the lines of, "if we sell you a tractor with a FEL, you get filled tires". Unlike Freeheeler, there is a charge, but it's all good.

wwidmer

Equipment
B3300SU
Dec 14, 2018
Virginia
For what it's worth...I bought my 2011 B3300 with backhoe and loader used in 2016. After using it for a couple of years I discovered that it had the rear tires loaded with fluid. I have not had any problem with it other than the extra weight makes it sink better into mud. Have always been able to get out using the backhoe and FEL to get myself out. When digging with the hoe I'm sure that extra weight helps...even with the filled tires the hoe can easily move the tractor around.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I've never gotten a clear answer anywhere, but I've considered the BH stabilizer thing as well. As said, not about it lifting the weight, but the mounts and twisting.

Something else, perhaps they don't think it's good for that much weight to be pulling down on the rear axles when the back end of the tractor is lifted up by the stabilizers? I've brought that up before and been told no, because the axles have way more weight on them than that already when driving around. But that torque is not in the same direction when the weight is hanging in the air. Just a thought.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Going on 20 years and 1900 hours on my B2910 with backhoe (bought new). Loaded tires. No issues.

If you read your manuals there is a lot of stuff that is questionable. Like changing hoses and belts after a couple years, regardless of condition...

Can't help but wonder if those who promote following the manual do everything the manual calls for. I certainly don't, as my common sense takes charge when I read some of those recommendations.

Not referring to things like using the proper fluids, changing fluids and filters at recommended intervals, or things like that...but radiator hoses every two years? Belts at intervals regardless of condition, etc.

At the end of the day we all should do what we feel is necessary. Even if there are agruments against doing so. No other way to be content.

Reactions: 1 user