LX2610 -- auxiliary fuse box and relay location suggestions please

joconnor

Equipment
lx2610 la535 LX2963 bh77 curtis cab
Dec 3, 2023
Kenai, AK
I want to add a bunch of lights and other accessories to my lx2610.
I'm going to switch them from the empty locations in the dash, which means that I'd like the fuse box to be near the cab rather than in front of the radiator.
The obvious place looks to be attaching to the fuel tank shield, but that is directly in the path of the waste heat from the engine.
Has anyone found a particularly good location to put an aux fuse box and relays?

Seane1987

Equipment
LX2610SU TLB, BX2350
Jul 18, 2021
Lafayette NY
I added inline fuse holders to the starter positive battery terminal and ran the wiring into the dash panel, I removed steering wheel and the dash panel came off easily. I only had 1 relay and there was plenty of room for it in the dash panel and there was room for several if I remember correctly. Mine is an open station, not cab model, I would think inside the dash panel would be similar.

joconnor

Equipment
lx2610 la535 LX2963 bh77 curtis cab
Dec 3, 2023
Kenai, AK
I added inline fuse holders to the starter positive battery terminal and ran the wiring into the dash panel, I removed steering wheel and the dash panel came off easily. I only had 1 relay and there was plenty of room for it in the dash panel and there was room for several if I remember correctly. Mine is an open station, not cab model, I would think inside the dash panel would be similar.
Thanks for the reply.
Inside the panel looks like a promising location, I'd like to be able to access the easily breakable pieces without taking the dash apart. Maybe I'll make an access door.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Don't have that model but put them wherever you can EASILY get to them when the cold winter winds howling, freezing sleet coming down and the sun's setting in 10, no 5 minutes......

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I have the cab on my B2650.
I put a fuse location next to the seat on the same surface/plane as the seat mount.

Seane1987

Equipment
LX2610SU TLB, BX2350
Jul 18, 2021
Lafayette NY
Thanks for the reply.
Inside the panel looks like a promising location, I'd like to be able to access the easily breakable pieces without taking the dash apart. Maybe I'll make an access door.
Now that I think about it, My LX has the relays for the 3rd function bolted to the fuel tank shield in the engine compartment. Really the engine heat isn't going to hurt a fuse panel any, I have worked on equipment with fuses and relays in far hotter environments.