Lost power to the dash

Cave Road

Jan 19, 2017
Campbellsville, KY, USA
My fuel gauge and idiot lights on the B7200 HST won't work now. Actually they are intermittent as to whether or not they will work. Because they may occasionally work I'm guessing it's not a fuse issue. Is this common and where do I fix it?

ManBitesDog

Equipment
Currently Shopping
Jul 8, 2021
SW Florida
My fuel gauge and idiot lights on the B7200 HST won't work now. Actually they are intermittent as to whether or not they will work. Because they may occasionally work I'm guessing it's not a fuse issue. Is this common and where do I fix it?
I'd look for a ground wire. No idea where it might be.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Do you have an operators' manual?

If you do not, start a Conversation with me by clicking on my name on the left of this post and send me your email address.

There are two fuses in individual in line fuse holders as shown in the following:

forum B7200 fuses.jpg

With issues as you describe them, I would be looking for wires damaged by rodents.

Dave

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Loose terminal… either at the panel-ground or the power-lead.

Reactions: 1 user

Cave Road

Jan 19, 2017
Campbellsville, KY, USA
Do you have an operators' manual?

If you do not, start a Conversation with me by clicking on my name on the left of this post and send me your email address.

There are two fuses in individual in line fuse holders as shown in the following:

View attachment 62894

With issues as you describe them, I would be looking for wires damaged by rodents.

Dave
RODENTS! Those little buggers carry trash in from long distances to nest in my mower engines. I stored insulation in the barn, come spring I start the tractor and pink snow is everywhere.

Cave Road

Jan 19, 2017
Campbellsville, KY, USA
Went chasing bad wires or bad grounds. At some point the dash started working. I just don't know when it happened so I'll probably deal with this again. Thanks to Dave_eng for the manual connection.