Losing Hydraulic Fluid

RobD70

Equipment
Kubota L3800 HST, Land Pride PR1672 Power Rake, Land Pride BB2572 Box Scraper
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
I have a L3800HST with about 165-170 hrs on it. I recently had a 3rd function valve installed. When I took it to the dealer to install that 3rd function valve, I was told it was low on fluid, so they put almost a gallon in it. I had to take the tractor back because they installed the valve wrong, and when I picked it back up, I was again told it was low on hydraulic fluid. I just thought, it couldnt be, I looked at the site glass maybe a week before and it was good. I cant find where it is leaking out. I do run it in 4wd most of the time as I do alot of power raking or some brush hogging to. The first time they added fluid, they over filled it some as it blew fluid out a breather hose under the left side of the seat. Over the weekend I spread 40 yards of top soil and power raked it out. It appears to be low yet again. No puddles on my trailer and none on the garage floor. I looked over all the hoses and connections and no fluid or wet spots. I crawled under the tractor and oticed some fluid on the bottom of the block that the drive shaft that runs to the front axle comes out of, but not alotand it could be old fluid from when it was over filled and ran down the side. I wiped it all dry and will check once I re-fill it. Also, right next to the dipstick for engine oil, there is some sort of pump or something that looked like it had a little fluid on it, but it again wasnt much and could of been from the recent hydraulic work. I really dont know where the fluid is going. I will have to refill it and run it and check right away. Is it possible it leaks a bit til it gets to a certain level, then dont come out anymore? Any ideas what to check?

Crystal Lake

Equipment
MX5100HST
Sep 22, 2014
Jonesboro, AR
I just went through this with my MX5100. Finally I washed it up top to bottom and bushhogged for about two hours and found a bolt in an access cover under the transmission was backed out and dripping big time. I hope I have found it. They don't use it...got to be a leak somewhere. I'm not sue but under pressure I think it would really drip. I was using about a half gallon ever 5 hrs. Clean it up and go over it carefully. Also check your implement connection.

RobD70

Equipment
Kubota L3800 HST, Land Pride PR1672 Power Rake, Land Pride BB2572 Box Scraper
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
I just went through this with my MX5100. Finally I washed it up top to bottom and bushhogged for about two hours and found a bolt in an access cover under the transmission was backed out and dripping big time. I hope I have found it. They don't use it...got to be a leak somewhere. I'm not sue but under pressure I think it would really drip. I was using about a half gallon ever 5 hrs. Clean it up and go over it carefully. Also check your implement connection.

Funny as I did some brush hogging in a local park prior to it being notice that it was low on fluid. No ripped lines or anything. I was in pretty heavy brush to. I know the stick can poke up anywhere to. I almost knock the fuel bowl/cup off one of the times. Glad it just was crooked in the threads and popped back into place. I will have to check the drain plugs to. I would think once full, it should leak at a steady rate to go low as quick as it does. Sounds similar to what you described.