Looking for expert advice

armyaviatr

Equipment
Kubota BX2680, Kubota RTV X1100
Jan 25, 2020
DELAVAN, Illinois
I decided I didn’t like the top link holder on my BX1800. It seems like it is always falling down, so I looked at some newer models and they have a bracket that fits over the pin and slides down onto a smaller pin to hold the top link up and out of the way. My initial thought was to weld a piece of 5/16 in steel to the bottom side of the fender center stay giving me enough room to put a 3/8 in pin that would hold the top link up when engaged. The more I looked at this solution the less I liked that idea because the transmission filler cap is hard enough to get to as it is. I have seen on here where guys are drilling new holes on their lift links to get a little more lift on their three point hitch. Considering they are moving their holes up 1.25 to 1.5 inches I thought what if I changed the geometry of the bracket on the fender center stay? Since I am a better woodworker than metal worker I made up some templates out of ¼ in plywood. See picture below. The top bracket is what I am considering with the 3/8 in hole for the pin the bottom bracket is what is on the tractor now. To the left is the top link bracket and the 3/8 in pin that will hold the top link up and out of the way. Can anyone see a problem with this set up?

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I took a totally different approach as I've used 'Snap-Coupler implements for decades and had to buy a 3point tiller. I simply keep a top link bolted to every 3pt implement. OK, some will say $$$ wasted but... I never have to go looking for a top link ,the toplink is already adjusted for that implement and there's NO toplink flopping around on my tractors.

armyaviatr

Equipment
Jan 25, 2020
DELAVAN, Illinois
That is a method. I am also thinking about a hydraulic top link. My BEFCO tiller sometimes wont raise up high enough so when I turn it scrapes on the ground, thinking a hydraulic top link will help with that problem.

armyaviatr

Equipment
Jan 25, 2020
DELAVAN, Illinois
That is a method I hadn't thought of. I like to use a 3ph quick hitch but when I mow I take it off. Also my BEFCO tiller drags if the ground is uneven where I am tilling. Thinking a hydraulic top link will help with that.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I just took mine off sets on the shelf untill I need it