looking for another b20 owner

sauto1985

Nov 19, 2011
hell,michigan usa
im looking for another b20 owner who can measure their lift arms on their 3 piont setup from hole to hole-- as im trying to find a kit that will work for my b20 thanks:confused:

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Not clear whether you mean the horizontal lower links or the vertical lift arms that connect the lower links to teh rock shaft arms. I assume you meant the horizontal lower links. I get about 24 3/4" ---- tractor is in the shed and it's dark in there. Hitch category geometry is defined by engineering standard. If I do this right, you'll find the standards attached:

Attachments

sauto1985

Nov 19, 2011
hell,michigan usa
Not clear whether you mean the horizontal lower links or the vertical lift arms that connect the lower links to teh rock shaft arms. I assume you meant the horizontal lower links. I get about 24 3/4" ---- tractor is in the shed and it's dark in there. Hitch category geometry is defined by engineering standard. If I do this right, you'll find the standards attached:
thanks ive been trying to find a kit or used that will fit but dealer didnt even know specs ----- i found these on ebay--320803680111 seem close

bruceatlam

Equipment
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
I see lower links, side shift stabilizers and a top link. I don't see the lift links (arms) that connect the lower links to teh rock shaft lift arms. I recognize teh PTO shaft and then there's stuff I don't recognize --------

sauto1985

Nov 19, 2011
hell,michigan usa
I see lower links, side shift stabilizers and a top link. I don't see the lift links (arms) that connect the lower links to teh rock shaft lift arms. I recognize teh PTO shaft and then there's stuff I don't recognize --------
thanks for looking at these items its a big help!
i also didnt recognize what those other parts where either --- im looking to use the parts that i can and continue to hunt for the lift link arms--- did those look like the lower lift arms on your tractor? measurements look close---i inherited my b20 from gramps and never found the 3 point peices at his barn in penn---thanks again for help

bruceatlam

Equipment
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Let me look a little closer in the daylight tomorrow. I'll advise after that --- length wise they look the same and mine are pretty straight just like those, so far so good I would say.

bruceatlam

Equipment
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
In the light of day, I took a better look. While those E-Bay lower links are the correct length, they aren't quite the right shape. My lower links have more of a "dog leg" in them as you move from front to back than the E-Bay arms have. My arms also have several holes front to back where the lift arms can be bolted on ---- and the attachment points for the sway chains are more toward the middle of the lower links. All that said, it doesn't mean that these won't work for you. You can always drill more holes and "cut and weld" to get what you want.

While I was out there, I measured the fixed length lift rod --- 16" from lower pin to top pin. The other lift rod is adjustable. The other lift rod has a turnbuckle adjustment on it so it should be able to adjust to shorter and longer than 16".

I suggest that you get a Parts Manual. It shows you what the parts look like but it won't give you the dimensions. You can get a pdf download of the Parts Manual at no charge from www.tractorsmart.com. Once you enter the site, click on the manuals tab, select "B" Series and use the pull down box to select the manuals that you want.

You can also get the part numbers for the lower links and the lift rod components then check pricing. They're all still available new but, man, are they expensive. Lower link at $267 and left lift rod at $100 or so --- I didn't want to price the right lft rod.

Last edited:

sauto1985

Nov 19, 2011
hell,michigan usa
In the light of day, I took a better look. While those E-Bay lower links are the correct length, they aren't quite the right shape. My lower links have more of a "dog leg" in them as you move from front to back than the E-Bay arms have. My arms also have several holes front to back where the lift arms can be bolted on ---- and the attachment points for the sway chains are more toward the middle of the lower links. All that said, it doesn't mean that these won't work for you. You can always drill more holes and "cut and weld" to get what you want.

While I was out there, I measured the fixed length lift rod --- 16" from lower pin to top pin. The other lift rod is adjustable. The other lift rod has a turnbuckle adjustment on it so it should be able to adjust to shorter and longer than 16".

I suggest that you get a Parts Manual. It shows you what the parts look like but it won't give you the dimensions. You can get a pdf download of the Parts Manual at no charge from www.tractorsmart.com. Once you enter the site, click on the manuals tab, select "B" Series and use the pull down box to select the manuals that you want.

You can also get the part numbers for the lower links and the lift rod components then check pricing. They're all still available new but, man, are they expensive. Lower link at $267 and left lift rod at $100 or so --- I didn't want to price the right lft rod.
thanks for taking time out of your day to look and check on your tractor and computer, its a big help---- i think i can make those work with some tweeking ang some aftermarket parts and still be affordable for what im trying to accomplish