Looking for a fenceline trimmer.

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
I'm looking for a 3 pt implement to trim my pasture fence lines. I've seen the DR trimmer but reviews aren't that good and it appears to be light weight. The only other one I can find in the US is the FM60 Fence Mower from Wright Manuf. but they won't contact me and one distributor had on his web site that it was temporarily unavailable. Does anybody know of another one or am I going to have to build one myself.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Take a look at the DR 3pt Trimmer, there is a review on YouTube by GY Solutions on a BX25. I only have 75' so my Echo works perfect for me.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
That fence mower looks promising. http://www.fencemower.com/video/index.asp

The DR trimmer uses a "weed whacker" line sting and I believe that is its biggest complaint.

Any idea what the FM30 costs? Did you try to call Wright manufacturing's phone number on the website? May be the guy has passed away (per his bio he must be in his 70s by now). I'm not sure if this is a one-man company or something much bigger.

Last edited:

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
Called Wright manufacturing, got voice mail, left message. Also sent email, no reply to either. was interested in the FM60. my tractor is 70 inches wide.