Loftness Snowblower

Fox400

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534, BH77, RCR1260, RB1660
Jul 25, 2019
"The Thumb", MI
Has anyone had any experience or knowledge of Loftness Snowblowers? There is a 60" for sale by me and I'm thinking about it for my B2650.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
Looks from there web site they have stopped making snow blowers.. Will they still support the products sold ?? ?? It may be worth a call to find out..

Since they stopped making blowers, I would be inclined to pass.. Just because of the possibility of no support.. There are too many Allied, Farm King, Buhler blowers out there that are still supported..

My 5 cents of opinion..

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Has anyone had any experience or knowledge of Loftness Snowblowers? There is a 60" for sale by me and I'm thinking about it for my B2650.
I've never personally owned a Loftness snowblower but I would not hesitate to buy one, they appear to have a strong reputation and were made for more than 60 years. I'm sure the company will continue to support the spare parts business for this huge user base, it is the most profitable part of the business for them.

Your decision to buy the used unit, if it looks like a reasonable piece of equipment at a fair price should be based on just that and not the fact that the manufacturer decided to stop making this piece of equipment probably due to the market being flooded with product made in low cost countries.

Good luck with your decision.

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
Loftness snowblowers got its start in the 60s when Richard (Dick) Loftness built a snowblower for his own use and the neighbors wanted one also, so he started manufacturing. Through the years the company grew and Loftness manufactured some other equipment also. Dick did the manufacturing and Marvin Nelson was the distributor who in the end bought out Dick and expanded the line. Always a good product. I would not hesitate in the least to buy Loftness if I found one I wanted. I am a little biased though as I came from that area and he was my Sunday school teacher at least one year and his wife also.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
60" is a might large for a smaller tractor unless the snow if light and fluffy. I have a 72 that I bought new (and added wings to take it to 76 and even on my M9000's in heavy snow, it works the tractor pretty hard. I would not hesitate to buy it if you really want it but like I said, you might not be all warm and fuzzy with it because of the power requirement.

There is really nothing to break except the chain that drives the auger and that;s available anywhere 530 roller chain is sold.

The right angle gearbox (fan and auger drive) is an off the shelf item as well. Only thing you might have an issue with are the sheet metal parts but if you have rudimentary fabrication skills and a wire welder you can fix that.

I'd say it's worth (in good shape, about $1000.00 US. Just keep the chain oiled and the driveline greased (drivellines are also off the shelf items.

Loftness equipment was always overbuilt. The used to make stubble beaters (for shopping corn stalks) that were bullet proof. My buddy down the road has one and uses it every fall.