Local Kubota dealer now selling Orange Line trailers that can be financed with a tractor!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was at the local dealer this afternoon picking up a third set of wheel weights for the M6060 and noticed a shiny, new trailer on the lot. The salesman I deal with (who picked up the 160lb weights like they were a bag of dog food) told me that they're stocking Orange Line trailers that can be financed with a tractor, excavator, side by side, etc. I don't know the extent of the relationship between Orange Line and Kubota but a very smart move to enable buyers to package deal a trailer into the financing.

I have a bit of a trailer addiction to be honest so this really peaked my interest.

orange_line.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I like my Load Trail from Beck's Trailer Sales in St. Johns, MI.
20201213_154402.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Hmmm. I wonder who makes "Orange Line"?
They look similar to PJ trailers but who knows. I notice that they're not powder coated but rather have a Valspar paint finish and the deck is treated. Overall they look like a quality product with Demco couplers, Dexter axles, LED lighting, welded on D-rings and removable fenders. Not sure on pricing, but as I mentioned, being able to use Kubota financing along with a tractor and implements is a smart move.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thank you! I mounted the biggest HF winch on the front for recovery operations. Works really well.
Awesome tractor too! Is the trailer a tilt model? The two jacks are interesting as well.

I might buy a new winch for my '98 Jeep TJ at some point, and then move the current Ramsey winch that's been on the Jeep for 22 years to the new deckover hydraulic tilt trailer (it has a plate for it in the floor already). The Ramsey is a single speed and not fast but speed isn't a big deal when hauling stuff onto a trailer.

Reactions: 1 user

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Hmmm. I wonder who makes "Orange Line"?

For Orangeline website under "Privacy Policy" and "California Residents:" leads you to the above...

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

For Orangeline website under "Privacy Policy" and "California Residents:" leads you to the above...
Wow! Good detective work! I thought they looked very much like PJ trailers. :ROFLMAO:

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
A lot of the trailers in the "package deals" some dealers offer are bare-bones...like brakes on only one axle and shoddy builds. The tractors often are the same, gear drive, pin-on buckets, ect. One should not shop price alone. Caveat emptor

Reactions: 3 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
These ones don't look like package deals (i.e. special price, inclusive of a trailer). Rather they're just a trailer available like an implement, like buying a Land Pride implement with your tractor. I'm sure they have cheap ones and good ones, but it looks like it's more a choose your own adventure, than take the crappy trailer that we included in this cheap package.

JasonW

Jan 29, 2015
Al
Back when I bought my first one in 2014 I was able to finance a trailer with it through the dealer. It was tractor, FEL, and trailer. We have a local trailer builder that’s been in business since probably the 70’s can make anything you would like. Cheaper than most places as they cut out the middle man.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
These ones don't look like package deals (i.e. special price, inclusive of a trailer). Rather they're just a trailer available like an implement, like buying a Land Pride implement with your tractor. I'm sure they have cheap ones and good ones, but it looks like it's more a choose your own adventure, than take the crappy trailer that we included in this cheap package.
I agree. These Orange Line trailers look to be very decent.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
How did you power the winch? Battery or truck electrical?
I wouldn't think the wiring harness that runs to the 7-pin connector at the rear of most trucks would be up to the task of running a winch if that's what you meant. I've had a winch on my Jeep for over two decades and used it many, many, many times. I used to help folks get out of trouble on a regular basis when off-roading and I burned out the solenoids on one particularly difficult recovery in the mountains of Oahu. I'd run the winch off the battery if the trailer has one. Three of my trailers that have hydraulic pumps have onboard batteries (two dumps and a tilt). Another less than ideal option would be to run charging cables to connect the winch to the truck battery, or better yet, run some heavy gauge cable to the back of the truck with some nice connectors.

My apologies @mcfarmall for trying to answer a question directed at you. :)

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I wouldn't think the wiring harness that runs to the 7-pin connector at the rear of most trucks would be up to the task of running a winch if that's what you meant. I've had a winch on my Jeep for over two decades and used it many, many, many times. I used to help folks get out of trouble on a regular basis when off-roading and I burned out the solenoids on one particularly difficult recovery in the mountains of Oahu. I'd run the winch off the battery if the trailer has one. Three of my trailers that have hydraulic pumps have onboard batteries (two dumps and a tilt). Another less than ideal option would be to run charging cables to connect the winch to the truck battery, or better yet, run some heavy gauge cable to the back of the truck with some nice connectors.

My apologies @mcfarmall for trying to answer a question directed at you. :)
Would a deep cycle battery in a marine box mounted to the trailer work?

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301. KX033-4
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
I have a 12k winch on my equipment trailer.
I have had battery boxes on trailers in the past.
This time I used a 30ft set of quick connect jumper cables. connected the vehicle set (supposed to attach to the starting vehicles battery) directly to the solenoid box. Then I plug in the jumper cables and connect the clamps to the tow vehicles battery.
It works great and one less battery to maintain.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Would a deep cycle battery in a marine box mounted to the trailer work?
Yes, but a winch under load can draw 400 amps or more, and the amp-hour rating of the battery along with CCA, the load being pulled, how much winch rope or cable is out, how long it takes to pull the load, how fast the load moves etc., will determine how effective the battery is.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Twin deep cycle RV batteries in a battery box and a small solar panel mounted to the box top. Two 6V in series is preferred usually, but two 12V in parallel will work. A battery tender coupler while stationary charging ideal.
Should give enough power to load a vehicle once or twice, depending on vehicle weight of course. Make the battery to winch wire run as short as possible. The wire included with the winch should be your max length. Make it shorter if you can. Lots of power loss in long power wire runs.

A 7 pin trailer connector will definitely NOT handle the load. And running 0 guage wire thru the tow vehicle is expensive and dangerous. And a hassle to connect up another heavy guage wire set to the winch.

Last edited: