Loader won't uncurl - control valve problem LA504

outpost22

Equipment
L3800, RTV500
Feb 20, 2017
Eagle Point, Oregon, USA
I also had this happen once. Just wanted to mention that be sure and check your loader hydraulic "lock/unlock" lever first. Mine had moved halfway between lock and unlocked and the bucket would curl but not return. Check the easy stuff first. :eek:

Patrick33

Equipment
B3300SU
Mar 6, 2017
Holden
Hi all.

I have had the same load check valve failure as mentioned and thought i would throw in my two cents...

1. I have a 2010 B3300SU with 504 loader. Load check valve failed while flipping the bucket, 299 hrs on machine.
2. Dealer gave me a 33% discount on new valve as mine was beyond repair. I inquired with Kubota; they claim there has been no reports of failure. That being said the as built loader valve (YW545-00100) is no longer sold by Kubota they now sell YW545-00102 as replacement, mentioned this at the dealer parts counter.
3. Took apart the new valve and found the load check valve to be larger and heat treated. Since there was "never a report of failure" according to Kubota headquarters, I emailed when I didn't get new valve FOC, I suppose one of their engineers was drinking his coffee one day and thought AHH HAA "we should update the load check valve size and then heat treat it, that would be stupendous. I'm sure Kubota will do it for no reason especially since the valve body casting will also be updated to accommodate the larger load check valve".

Conclusion: If you have the original valve it will fail if not already, the fastest way to failure is flipping the bucket due to large change of direction of force. If yours does fail mention all of the above items and request a new valve free of charge no matter the status of your warranty. I did not expect a company like Kubota to treat customers like this, we pay for poor initial engineering mistakes. Guess I set the bar to high.

Cheers!!

Last edited:

dougahmann

Dec 15, 2013
Woodbury, MN
Hello everyone. I’m having the same exact problem as well with my B3200/LA504. I shake the snow off the bucket all the time. I realize this is an old thread, but hopefully someone will chime in.

I’m flaunting my ignorance of hydraulics, as I’ve never jumped in there and taken any of this apart before. So help this newbie out. What sort of mess am I in for when I take this thing off the tractor? I presume it’s not under high pressure when not running? But presumably it’s going to bleed out some fluid? Should i have a coffee can ready, or a trash can? ;-)

The tip about the new loader valve is a great one. I’m going to attempt to have them replace it with the new style first, as my machine has less than 200 hours on it, but thougth I would ask the question above just in case I need to get in there myself. Thanks!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hello everyone. I’m having the same exact problem as well with my B3200/LA504. I shake the snow off the bucket all the time. I realize this is an old thread, but hopefully someone will chime in.

I’m flaunting my ignorance of hydraulics, as I’ve never jumped in there and taken any of this apart before. So help this newbie out. What sort of mess am I in for when I take this thing off the tractor? I presume it’s not under high pressure when not running? But presumably it’s going to bleed out some fluid? Should i have a coffee can ready, or a trash can? ;-)

The tip about the new loader valve is a great one. I’m going to attempt to have them replace it with the new style first, as my machine has less than 200 hours on it, but thougth I would ask the question above just in case I need to get in there myself. Thanks!
With the loader and bucket planted firmly and flatly on the ground you will have minimal loss, like enough for a couple of rags, or maybe a little in a coffee can if you can catch it.

Reactions: 1 user

RangerRzr

Equipment
B3300 Bearcat Chipper/Shredder Box Scrapper Landscape Rake Back Blade
Jul 30, 2019
Ravensdale
This just happened to me over the weekend. I was flicking the bucket, but it didn't do it right away. Does the valve body have metal washer type seals, and if so, are they reusable? I haven't opened it up yet, and this thread helped me identify the starting point.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This just happened to me over the weekend. I was flicking the bucket, but it didn't do it right away. Does the valve body have metal washer type seals, and if so, are they reusable? I haven't opened it up yet, and this thread helped me identify the starting point.
There are no seals in the FEL valve it's metal to metal, non serviceable. ;)

Dave B.

Equipment
B3300
Nov 28, 2021
Bremerton, WA
This just happened to our B3300SU - after tearing a hydraulic hose on FEL. Replaced the hose and lost the bucket curl - all other FEL functions worked well - cracked the oil lines leading to the bucket - no oil on the bucket return cylinder. Press in on the joystick to curl bucket back - audible sound of the pressure relief valve kicking in on the HST pump. Next replaced the hydraulic hose fitting attached to hard lines leaving the spool valve (the barbed fitting that the quick-connect hoses attach to when removing the loader arms)..turns out that when the hydraulic hose was originally torn - it shocked the pressurized side of the hydraulic lines...blew out an o-ring at the spool valve & also damaged the fixed barbed fitting...this was hard to troubleshoot as the spring-loaded center valve was still working. Removed the barbed fitting and looked inside with a bright flashlight the 3 spring-loaded arms that hold the fitting into the inner flange had blown out on all 3 contact points - when attaching the new hose to this barbed fitting - it was still pressurized, press in on the center valve after releasing pressure using the joystick functions - must have turned the 3 spring-loaded arms about 1/4 turn - so that they were once again seated on their inner flange - with 3 obvious blow outs in the flange...the broken flange pieces were jammed into the tip of the barbed fitting - which is why there was restricted (almost none) oil flow. The new barbed fitting only cost $8 at the hose shop - FEL curl function started working immediately without bleeding any additional air from the hydraulic system.

James cuzzen

Equipment
M6060 la11
Dec 29, 2023
This just happened to our B3300SU - after tearing a hydraulic hose on FEL. Replaced the hose and lost the bucket curl - all other FEL functions worked well - cracked the oil lines leading to the bucket - no oil on the bucket return cylinder. Press in on the joystick to curl bucket back - audible sound of the pressure relief valve kicking in on the HST pump. Next replaced the hydraulic hose fitting attached to hard lines leaving the spool valve (the barbed fitting that the quick-connect hoses attach to when removing the loader arms)..turns out that when the hydraulic hose was originally torn - it shocked the pressurized side of the hydraulic lines...blew out an o-ring at the spool valve & also damaged the fixed barbed fitting...this was hard to troubleshoot as the spring-loaded center valve was still working. Removed the barbed fitting and looked inside with a bright flashlight the 3 spring-loaded arms that hold the fitting into the inner flange had blown out on all 3 contact points - when attaching the new hose to this barbed fitting - it was still pressurized, press in on the center valve after releasing pressure using the joystick functions - must have turned the 3 spring-loaded arms about 1/4 turn - so that they were once again seated on their inner flange - with 3 obvious blow outs in the flange...the broken flange pieces were jammed into the tip of the barbed fitting - which is why there was restricted (almost none) oil flow. The new barbed fitting only cost $8 at the hose shop - FEL curl function started working immediately without bleeding any additional air from the hydraulic system.
Would this be as well on a la1154 loader the dump will only work when going back and forth between ceiling and dumping been so long thought it was the new norm

James cuzzen

Equipment
M6060 la11
Dec 29, 2023
I dont understand your description of the problem. Under what conditions does dump not work?

Dan
Sorry for that I just got done working with it , the up and
I dont understand your description of the problem. Under what conditions does dump not work?

Dan
The up and down and curl all work good , the dump only works when I move the joystick to the dump , but it only works in a small spot and really slow and when you move your hand a little it will stop and I can still hear the pump pumping matter how far I move the joystick the bucket will not move I have to pull it to the curl direction and make the bucket move a little and then go back to the dumping it can take 3 to 5 or 7 trees to get the bucket dumped all the way, the 2 combo moves dump and up still works but only in a sweet spot it's not that the dump dose not work its just getting it to dump, I hope this can help cause I sure could use the help thank you so much

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Sorry for that I just got done working with it , the up and

The up and down and curl all work good , the dump only works when I move the joystick to the dump , but it only works in a small spot and really slow and when you move your hand a little it will stop and I can still hear the pump pumping matter how far I move the joystick the bucket will not move I have to pull it to the curl direction and make the bucket move a little and then go back to the dumping it can take 3 to 5 or 7 trees to get the bucket dumped all the way, the 2 combo moves dump and up still works but only in a sweet spot it's not that the dump dose not work its just getting it to dump, I hope this can help cause I sure could use the help thank you so much
Thats a knotty one. Is that a self leveling valve?

Dan

Last edited: