List of grill guard fabricators and or skid plates..

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
https://lownperformance.com/
Lown Performance has some nice looking grill guards, “chin” guards and chain buckets. Sounds like they will have an LX model available soon as well.
I am very happy with the grill guard and chain bucket that I bought from Lown. And the installation was easy.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
RichardAaronlx2610, could you reveal the brand/name of your 3rd function kit? I've never seen one on that side thus far. Looks great, thanks in advance! (y)
It’s a land pride kit. I’ll post the actual model number tomorrow.

Rich

MTpckts

Equipment
LX2610HSD, FEL, Grapple, 63" Front Snowblower, Box Blade, Grader. BX2380
Dec 20, 2021
Tawas City, MI
I got a new LX2610 last week and got the new L3302 Kubota 50th Anniversary Grille Guard. Was actually made for the L33/3902, but I got one and it fits... well with a little effort. On the L it goes inside the guard, on the LX is goes outside. But I got it to work. Plus the wings.. which are a love it/hate it thing. I love how it came out.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

Superjet511

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 FEL
Sep 15, 2020
Chelsea Mi
I got a new LX2610 last week and got the new L3302 Kubota 50th Anniversary Grille Guard. Was actually made for the L33/3902, but I got one and it fits... well with a little effort. On the L it goes inside the guard, on the LX is goes outside. But I got it to work. Plus the wings.. which are a love it/hate it thing. I love how it came out.
Congrats on the machine! I have a Kubota guard on order to compare to our designs but it hasn't arrived yet. They look SUPER thin and the holes look very large. How thick is the material? They look good, but I am skeptical of their functionality.

Last edited:

MTpckts

Equipment
Dec 20, 2021
Tawas City, MI
Congrats on the machine! I have a Kubota guard on order to compare to our designs but it hasn't arrived yet. They look SUPER thin and the holes look very large. How thick is the material? They look good, but I am skeptical of their functionality.
I don't have my digital mic available but on the manual mic it looks like .100 or a hair above. The holes in front of the lights are 1.5" x 3". It feels like it will work great. For me it was a no-brainer. Shout out to Messicks who gave me a "deal I could not refuse" to see if it will work on a LX. Then just let them know the issues I came across.

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Here's a pic of my newly-installed 5elevendesigns grille guard (B2601). Nice item, easy installation, excellent attachment hardware. Upon first examining this product I thought it was a little too expensive, but in reality it's an excellent investment and a quick upgrade. Mine is in 'chassis gray'.

Also visible is my customized exhaust mod and some 3rd function caps from Amazon (7241-1 series B, Faster HNV iirc).

Attachments

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Here's a pic of my newly-installed 5elevendesigns grille guard (B2601). Nice item, easy installation, excellent attachment hardware. Upon first examining this product I thought it was a little too expensive, but in reality it's an excellent investment and a quick upgrade. Mine is in 'chassis gray'.

Also visible is my customized exhaust mod and some 3rd function caps from Amazon (7241-1 series B, Faster HNV iirc).
I installed the same guard. The Kubota guard sides were far from parallel and it took some extreme measures to bend them to where they should have been. 511 could help us here by reducing the width of the product and add some washers to shim for a better fit.

Also, headlights don't just shine straight ahead, the guard blocks any light that projects at an angle. I think that the hole pattern should be larger than the headlight.

MTpckts

Equipment
Dec 20, 2021
Tawas City, MI

Nice, but it looks like it should have another bend to match contour of guard. Doesnt fit very flush.

Last edited:

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Personally I feel the fit is OK. It does not perfectly match the grille guard contours but getting it positioned to where it will do it's job is easy. Any side gaps are no larger than the guard's perforation holes themselves. The guard does have some adjustability with oblong mounting holes on the mounting tabs.

One thing for sure: it's durable!

It was the easy way out for me; a few computer clicks and it was delivered (well packaged too). Installation takes 30 minutes if you take your time, it's a quick solution to a nagging problem. BTW, I watched EVERYBODY's grille fabrication video (enjoyed them all) and I did notice that many owners who have fabricated their own grille guards from expanded metal (mesh) have serious dings in theirs already. More incentive to get my front end protected!

I would buy again without hesitation. (y)

Attachments

Texas-Chris

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Jul 21, 2022
Sanger, Texas
https://lownperformance.com/
Lown Performance has some nice looking grill guards, “chin” guards and chain buckets. Sounds like they will have an LX model available soon as well.
I have tried contacting Lown Performance for the past few months, but they never get back to me. I finally went with Tate Metals (https://www.facebook.com/TateMetals) and they made up exactly what I wanted.

Now I am looking for a chain bucket that mounts below the grill guard. Lown has one that I like, but they only sell with their grill guards and again, won't return my emails. Any recommendations?

Attachments

MattN03

Equipment
2011 B3200, LA504 FEL w/B2366 SSQA conversion, BH76 BH, EA Wicked 55
Sep 5, 2016
KY
I have tried contacting Lown Performance for the past few months, but they never get back to me. I finally went with Tate Metals (https://www.facebook.com/TateMetals) and they made up exactly what I wanted.

Now I am looking for a chain bucket that mounts below the grill guard. Lown has one that I like, but they only sell with their grill guards and again, won't return my emails. Any recommendations?
Checkout this guy. He does a lot of Kubota die downs, etc and has been responsive to FB messages I've sent. https://www.facebook.com/DustinEGayhart

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

IDK why you are having issues with Lown. They are a 3 person company, but when I ordered my grill guard and chain bucket last January, they were very responsive. Have you tried calling them? Or maybe the email responses when to your spam folder?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I have a Lown for my Mx this summer and they are one of easiest companies to deal with. Extremely responsive by email. They experimented on mine (based on my request) for a custom paint job and did not charge me for the paint request. Anyway in my personal experience they were really good to deal with. My correspondence was all via email.