Liquid ballast

jad

Equipment
B7300
Sep 17, 2009
Tracy City,TN
I have a b7300 and am interested in adding liquid ballast to my tires. Can anyone tell me if an air/liquid valve like Gemplers sells is necessary?
Thanks

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
Sure makes it easier !

I got one from Tractor Supply for liKe 6 bucks.

I went with the the water/ windshield washer fluid combo. A gallon of the washer fluid concentrate makes 55 gallons rated @ -18. It cost me $11 a gallon jug so I have a total of 30 bucks (including valve) to fill my rear tires.

It makes a huge difference in the way the tractor handles.

Last edited:

jad

Equipment
B7300
Sep 17, 2009
Tracy City,TN
Thanks, Captjack, I had considered windshield wash but had forgotten you could buy it concentrated. Can't get much cheaper than that. Any tips on filling the tires?

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
6 dollar valve from tractor supply or gemplers.com will do the trick. I have 12.4-24 R1 's and they take a good bit to fill. hour or so at least.

tiger9297

Equipment
B7100HST-D w/ Bush Hog FEL
Jun 28, 2009
Tupelo, MS
I have one of the valves that you can hook up to the hose and then have to press the relief button to let air out as you go, but my question is how do you add water PLUS another fluid like washer fluid with this setup? There is no way to draw fluid from another container is there? I would like to fill the tires on my B7100, but I don't want corrosion, and even though I'm in MS, we could still have a freeze, so I would definitely need something other than just water.

osut362

Equipment
M9000dtc, b7500hs
Mar 15, 2009
Lindale, Texas
i have an old garden sprayer i use. just add your antifreeze to the sprayer and pump it in. you have to take the spray wand off first however. after i get the antifreeze in the tire i add water with the water hose/tire filling thing already written about.....al

bky

Nov 8, 2009
ky
I filled mine with free used antifreeze I used one of the cheap drill motor mumps with short piece of garden hose on onside and plastic tubing on the other side that fits over valve stem. Fill tire with antifreeze mix so far then pull hose off valve stem to relieve air then fill more till full.
I would put valve steam around 10-11 position so you know when fluid is covering wheel but not full.