Linkage Arm for MMM

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
My wife was mowing recently and when she was done she found the front pin for the right side mower deck linkage arm in the yard. I'm guessing the cotter pin was not installed properly or somehow sheared off causing that to happen. To get the arm alligned and the pin back in, I needed to disconnect the rear portion of the arm with the spring pin. That worked fine but now I can't get the rear portion alligned properly with the mower deck to attach the spring pin. Anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something simple?

20210528_191926.jpg

20210528_191932.jpg

Last edited:

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
So yer saying that when that arm swings down the pin won’t line up with the hole? Looks close. Did you try muscling the deck back on that side to get it aligned?
something might have tweaked with the other arm and it’s misaligned now.
I‘d just pull it back until it popped in. Those arms have a lot of give.

Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
So yer saying that when that arm swings down the pin won’t line up with the hole? Looks close. Did you try muscling the deck back on that side to get it aligned?
something might have tweaked with the other arm and it’s misaligned now.
I‘d just pull it back until it popped in. Those arms have a lot of give.
I tried muscling it a bit this evening but but It seemed like the deck was too far forward on that side. I'll try disconnecting the rear on the other side tomorrow, connecting the right side then trying to reconnect the left and see if that works. One would think that it would just line up but maybe order of operations are involved.

Last edited:

lostboy

Equipment
lx2610
Jan 1, 2021
OK
Have you tried disconnect your front bar on the mower then connecting the side. Then you should be able to put in your front bar.

Reactions: 1 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Have you tried disconnect your front bar on the mower then connecting the side. Then you should be able to put in your front bar.
Thanks I will give that a try today.

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Thanks I will give that a try today.
I think that Lostboy's suggestion is the way to go. If that doesn't solve the problem, it might be time to check the factory specified "adjusted length" on the front bar.
Good luck with it. I never like to hear about people having a problem with a new machine.

Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I think that Lostboy's suggestion is the way to go. If that doesn't solve the problem, it might be time to check the factory specified "adjusted length" on the front bar.
Good luck with it. I never like to hear about people having a problem with a new machine.
I'm sure it's an easy fix but I'm only at about half strength currently due to some recent medical issues. I like the suggestion of first removing the front bar and I am definitely a fan of working smarter, not harder. I'll give it a shot later today and report back on how it goes.

Last edited:

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Removing the front bar made quick work of reattaching the mower deck. Thanks all for the advice!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users