Lifting with FEL

FrozenInTime

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 25, 2015
ND
I need some ideas on lifting a little higher. Background: Tried to lift an engine above the frame of an Allis Chalmers WD-45. Fully lifted, I was about 6 inches shy of being able to clear the rails. Had to recruit help with a bigger tractor. I will need to re-install this engine and have 2 other tractors, same size to remove/replace engines in. I had the chain/hoist as close to the bucket lip as possible so no room to shorten there.

Any ideas on how to gain another 6 inches without making more work for myself? I don't want to weld a bar to the bucket for reach, out of the question. I'm thinking of dropping the front tires off the AC and laying the hubs on the driveway. But, that would give me a pretty bad incline on the frame. Dig a hole in the yard to drop front/rear tires in? Seems like a lot of work and holes in the yard. Do-able but would like something more permanent as I will be doing this maybe couple times a year for a while. I wonder, how high do the 3-point lift's go, and would they be able to handle the weight? I'm open to suggestions.

My Kubota is a 2370.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
What about driving the 2370 on some 4' or so 2x8" boards angle cut, and stacked? I made up 3 layer ramps that I use to change oil in our smaller cars, and with the edges angled, and offset by a few inches I can drive up on them pretty easily. Guessing you would start with 4 layers.

FrozenInTime

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 25, 2015
ND
What about driving the 2370 on some 4' or so 2x8" boards angle cut, and stacked? I made up 3 layer ramps that I use to change oil in our smaller cars, and with the edges angled, and offset by a few inches I can drive up on them pretty easily. Guessing you would start with 4 layers.
Could do that! I have plenty of wood laying around. Thanks!