?? lIFT SYSTEM FOR A TPH,/BALL COUPLER.

Marty394

Equipment
L3010 w/ Cab, RCR 1560, RB 1584, SMC Loader, KK II 60" Gear Drive Tiller
Feb 28, 2010
Wisconsin
Here's something for you guys to think on. I'm in the process of building a grading scraper with a three point hitch. The dilemma is that the cabin road that needs grading is a little over an hour away. With the price of fuel my plan is to also build a trailer tongue with a 2" ball coupler. That way I won't have to trailer the tractor an hour each way when ever the road needs grading. I could leave the grader with the tongue at the cabin and whoever is there can drag it with their truck. Problem is, that we need a way to lift the grading scraper to turn around without damaging the county highway.

Some thoughts rattling around my head are to use an electric actuator mounted where the top link would usually go. Then make a pivot point near the ball coupler. Just don't know if this would work. I think it might if there were safety chains that were used tight. Another thought is to use an electric winch in a similar fashion. Or just add two trailer jacks to the rear with decent tires to just raise the rear off the ground. Let me hear your ideas. We need to get this thing functional soon!

Bob

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Marty pictures always help so if you have some post them,, there are some A1 fabricators in here

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Trailer tongue with a ball on both ends of the scraper. Drag it to the end of the driveway unhook turn truck around and hook up at opposite end. OR make a flip over scraper with one tongue. Drag it to one end of the driveway. Flip it over and head back the other way...

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
But for me I'd still haul the tractor up to the cabin and do the work. Gives you more reason to hop on the tractor and get busy. OR buy you an old cheap Ford 8N, haul it to the cabin and leave it there.

Marty394

Equipment
Feb 28, 2010
Wisconsin
If money flowed like water we'd have a spare tractor, and not worry about the $150.00 in fuel the truck burns. Next its a grading scraper. The blades (2 parallel ) are designed to only cut going forward. We need to be able to raise it.

Bob

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
Here's something for you guys to think on. I'm in the process of building a grading scraper with a three point hitch. The dilemma is that the cabin road that needs grading is a little over an hour away. With the price of fuel my plan is to also build a trailer tongue with a 2" ball coupler. That way I won't have to trailer the tractor an hour each way when ever the road needs grading. I could leave the grader with the tongue at the cabin and whoever is there can drag it with their truck. Problem is, that we need a way to lift the grading scraper to turn around without damaging the county highway.

Some thoughts rattling around my head are to use an electric actuator mounted where the top link would usually go. Then make a pivot point near the ball coupler. Just don't know if this would work. I think it might if there were safety chains that were used tight. Another thought is to use an electric winch in a similar fashion. Or just add two trailer jacks to the rear with decent tires to just raise the rear off the ground. Let me hear your ideas. We need to get this thing functional soon!

Bob
Hi I built a blade similar to what your describing but for a quad to pull. I used a tongue with a ball hitch at one end and a 2" pivot pin to connect to the blade. On the tongue I made a bracket similar to a 3ph with arms going to the rear of the blade with wheels on the ends. I used an actuator to operate the lift, also where the rear axle is for the wheels I added a weight box for the harder ground. Sorry I can't post pictures as it's at the cabin 2.5 hrs. away. Hope this was of some help. Barry

bulldog_shotgun

Equipment
B2150HST
Feb 3, 2013
SW, Ohio
That's the thread I had in mind but couldn't remember who posted it....
Rather than a fixed tongue and height adjustable wheels like I built, I would reccomend fixed wheels and movable tongue as you initially had hinted. That would solve the problem of different hitch heights on different trucks.

Are you building it from scratch? i think i wouldmount tires off the rear of the skids high enough that there is about a 1/2 to 1 inch gap under them in normal use. then you could build a tongue that attaches to only the bottom two lift points of your 3PH and has a 12v actuator or manual screw type top link.

Attachments

Marty394

Equipment
Feb 28, 2010
Wisconsin
OK now, Bulldog Shotgun is smell'n what I'm stepping in!! Does anyone know how much an electric actuator strong enough to lift 700 lbs. would draw for current. The cabin owner is the one at the cabin the most, but his truck is only wired for a flat four wire trailer plug. If was on my truck with a 7 wire plug I'd just use the hot and ground from there and use relays to reverse polarity for up/down.

I was watching the box blade post also. But the neither the tractor or the trucks have rear hydraulics.

Bob

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
OK now, Bulldog Shotgun is smell'n what I'm stepping in!! Does anyone know how much an electric actuator strong enough to lift 700 lbs. would draw for current. The cabin owner is the one at the cabin the most, but his truck is only wired for a flat four wire trailer plug. If was on my truck with a 7 wire plug I'd just use the hot and ground from there and use relays to reverse polarity for up/down.

I was watching the box blade post also. But the neither the tractor or the trucks have rear hydraulics.

Bob
Hi Bob on the blade I built 60"x10" I would assume pulling it loaded there would be about 400lbs of force. I used #12 wire directly from the batteryto a little box I built with a rocker switch and 30 amp. fuse, it will blow a 20 amp. when loaded heavy but not the 30. Hope this helps. Barry