Life and needs evolve

check 6

Equipment
BX 2680 FEL and pallet forks aerator ZD1211, RTV500
Apr 8, 2019
Seguin, Texas
It’s been a great run with Kubotas. When we moved to our current home some 26 years ago besides a new mower I bought a Kubota BX as my first tractor . Over the years I upgraded to a BX with back hoe, to a B then a cabbed B ( poor choice for stability reasons) and to a grand L cabbed ( my favorite tractor ) along with the grand L I had a small excavator . About 5 months ago I sold both as first I was using them both on neighbors land for free and the Grand L was really too large for my property but a great tractor. At 81 I still maintain my property but spine issues have reduced what I can lift etc so foolish me I just bought another BX to use as a wheelbarrow etc since I have no intent of slowing down …. Boys and their toys. I use a zero turn to mow my acre plus but the little BX can work in tight spaces and with an FEL p, pallet forks and an aerator work my property and not everyone’s else’s for unappreciated free so I’ve come full circle besides the BX is easier for this old guy to get on and off ( I did add a step )

Reactions: 15 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Your story sounds much like mine except just one tractor. BX23S here, best wheelbarrow I ever had! All crippled up early in life and now at 65 it has helped me do things I would never be able to do! I have more metal in my body than the scrap yard! I will keep my BX till the end! I am looking into that step! Which one did you get?

Reactions: 1 user

check 6

Equipment
Apr 8, 2019
Seguin, Texas
Your story sounds much like mine except just one tractor. BX23S here, best wheelbarrow I ever had! All crippled up early in life and now at 65 it has helped me do things I would never be able to do! I have more metal in my body than the scrap yard! I will keep my BX till the end! I am looking into that step! Which one did you get?
Actually showed the dealer what I wanted and they fabricated it. Interestingly when I Had the Grand L I designed a two step for it ( factory only puts a single on) several years ago my dealer asked me to entertain some engineers from the Kubota factory and they took lots of pictures of the mods on my “L” for futue editions of that tractor
i understand a gentleman by the name of Paul Short markets great steps for the BX . The actual design is so simple anyone that welds can make one for you makes it so much easier to get on and off

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Ha I welded for years, even went to school for it and was good enough to take second place at competition in Bethlehem. Unfortunately I have no welder or fab tools so I am considering Paul Shorts no drill step for the BX with BH and MMM. Thanks!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Actually showed the dealer what I wanted and they fabricated it. Interestingly when I Had the Grand L I designed a two step for it ( factory only puts a single on) several years ago my dealer asked me to entertain some engineers from the Kubota factory and they took lots of pictures of the mods on my “L” for futue editions of that tractor
i understand a gentleman by the name of Paul Short markets great steps for the BX . The actual design is so simple anyone that welds can make one for you makes it so much easier to get on and off
Paul Short ( Bay Roberts, Newfoundland, Canada) makes really great stuff!
I am 83, and have his step (one step) on my L48 TLB.
It has helped to keep me from falling on my face.

Reactions: 1 users

check 6

Equipment
Apr 8, 2019
Seguin, Texas
Great to see other old guys still active. As Clint Eastwood (92) states, “ keep moving so the old man can’t catch you “

Reactions: 1 users

frogpond

Equipment
BX25D
Sep 18, 2023
Snohomish WA
Paul Short ( Bay Roberts, Newfoundland, Canada) makes really great stuff!
I am 83, and have his step (one step) on my L48 TLB.
It has helped to keep me from falling on my face.
Another endorsement for Paul and Kathy Short's no- drill step for BX. I have it. It's great, and they are great to deal with. If you have the backhoe, also get their steps for that. Much more convenient than the factory steps.