Leveling/Grading

L2501Man

Equipment
L2501
Aug 19, 2023
Poplarville, Ms.
Purchased a 6’ bionic blade for my L2501. Understanding that traction will be a issue, Does anyone have any advice on using it for the first time?

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
If your L2501 is 4wd and has a loader on it by chance then you should have plenty of traction for that blade.

In general i would say:
  • Adjusting top link adjusts the aggressiveness of the blade’s ‘cut’.
  • Spinning the blade around and pulling it ‘backwards’ with it facing the rear is a decent way to spread or smooth.
  • If your blade is ‘straight up and down’ as in top link adjusted so main ‘frame’ the blade hangs from is parallel to the ground, then the blade itself will stay level at its different angle settings. However, if you adjust the top link so the frame is not parallel to the ground then rotating the blade to different angle settings will result in one sude rising and the other side dropping. Something to watch out for if you ever do with the top link.

Enjoy the new piece!

Reactions: 1 user

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Above pic is my attept at some Saturday morning humor. Sorry.
I've never heard of a bionic blade.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
OP post a link. Tired of these stupid names…Bionic whatever lol.

Reactions: 1 users

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
Above pic is my attept at some Saturday morning humor. Sorry.
I've never heard of a bionic blade.
That's what I found as well when I looked it up, also never heard of a bionic blade!

Reactions: 1 user

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I found this. Im not sure if i like the one angled one straight blades but i dont know enough about it to say why. Id definitely research that topic before buying one of these, though.

Thanks for the link @Vigo .

Looks like a land plane with an angled front blade, which will cause the implement and tractor to pull to the left or right depending on angle deflection.

The website has some home grown names for their implements. Whether it's a marketing strategy or what, one can only imagine.

To the OP, I meant no disrespect or offense, but in an online search of 6' bionic, I get a portable rechargeable margarita blender. Which may or may not help your grading project. It might help, but tomorrow you might not remember how you got it graded so well. Or so badly.

Folks here are very helpful. Jokes are all over, so don't take it personally. But a portable margaritas blender for one's tractor was too hard to pass up on. As a joke.

Search for land plane information and the Bionic's (Lee Major's) unit should be close.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
If it is a land plane, then they are about as easy as you get. Adjust scarifiers to the depth you want to reclaim and start pulling. Try to overlap passes a foot or so. If you are loosing traction, raise the scarifiers and take shallower passes. If you arent digging in at all, wait for a bit of rain (not a bunch).

If it is a blender, then just dont chop your fingers off!

bsd

Equipment
L4060HST-LE, IH S300 ('55)
Jan 18, 2022
I've been looking for a land plane lately, and it certainly appears that the cheaper units are cheaper for reason. Thinner materials, cheaper welds, etc. I've settled on Land Pride or Bush Hog planes. Few more $ upfront, better life span, resale value.