LED headlight replacements? L-series

LeadHead

Equipment
Kubota L275, Allis Chalmers WD45, King Kutter II 3-point tiller, dirt scoop, brush hog, back blade
Sep 29, 2009
Illinois
I've been thinking of replacing the stock headlights on my L275 with some aftermarket LED's and was wondering if anyone has found any that would be a drop-in replacement. One of my headlight lenses is broken so it would be a good time to do the conversion.
Any ideas for some good, bright lights? I would like to keep the cost under $50 or so.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Keeping the cost under $50 will most likely be out the window. Quality LED stuff is just so expensive. I'm assuming you have the round lights so correct me if I'm wrong. If so and I have no clue what they cost but the add on fender lights Wildfire put on his new BX might be made to fit without much work.

LeadHead

Equipment
Kubota L275, Allis Chalmers WD45, King Kutter II 3-point tiller, dirt scoop, brush hog, back blade
Sep 29, 2009
Illinois
Yes, I have round lights that are approximately 4.5" diameter. I've not seen the tractor to which you're referring, but I'm not at all interesting in bolting lights on the exterior of my hood if that's what he did.
I would also consider halogens rather than LED's if that would open up more options for me.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
No, I wasn't talking about bolting lights to the outside. The tractor I'm talking about is owned by one of the other members and he has done some amazing things to it and his other tractor as well. Lighting is one of the big mods he has done. Work lights as well as safety lighting. If you want to see some of the work search BX25D mod #1 and continued.

The main reason I mentioned his tractor is because of the lights he added to the fenders. It's a kit that Kubota offers made to fit the fenders on the BX series tractors. They are really nice looking lights and are round. I thought it might be easy to change the way the factory lights mount under the hood and make a set of LED lights fit in their place.