leaky injector - how to fix?

jimbo

Equipment
B6100D, FEL
Apr 3, 2010
yorkshire, uk
Hi all,

been out playin on my B6100D:- turned the wheels inside out to try and increase stability (jury still out), fixed up the silencer(muffler) etc

Looking at the engine by chance I noticed no.1 cylinder injector seeping/leaking fuel (from the top). The amount leaked increases with engine revs. At high revs it oozes down onto the engine top and can be seen vapourising...

The top nut of the injector seems very tight already and it doesn't feel like I want to tighten it more.....

Could someone kindly take me through (or point me to) what to do to fix this please?

thanks
Jimbo

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Hi all,

been out playin on my B6100D:- turned the wheels inside out to try and increase stability (jury still out), fixed up the silencer(muffler) etc

Looking at the engine by chance I noticed no.1 cylinder injector seeping/leaking fuel (from the top). The amount leaked increases with engine revs. At high revs it oozes down onto the engine top and can be seen vapourising...

The top nut of the injector seems very tight already and it doesn't feel like I want to tighten it more.....

Could someone kindly take me through (or point me to) what to do to fix this please?

thanks
Jimbo
You have to determine for sure where it is leaking. If it is from the injector line you may want to undo it and check the seat. They can get corrosion where the line mates with the injector. Clean that up and be sure to keep all debris from getting into the injector. Then tighten it down. Get your self a flare nut wrench and torque it till it stops leaking. Be sure the line is not cracked. If it is below the injector line nut then your injector needs to be removed and resealed.
Be sure when removing the injector line from the injector to hold the injector from turning when removing the line.

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
My B8200 had a slight leak between the injector and the line. I replaced the line, leak stopped but the new line isn't painted and has started to rust. Its on the to do list. Super quick and easy fix and no I didn't use a flare nut wrench.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Thanks for the tips Kuboman:)

is a flare nut wrench different somehow from an ordinary wrench (of the correct size)?

thanks
Jimbo
Yes a flare nut wrench is like a boxed end wrench with a notch cut out so the injector line or what ever will fit. It is 2/3 of a boxed end wrench.;)