Leaking Hydraulic Connector

mculik5

Equipment
B2650 TLB
Sep 22, 2020
NJ
I have a B2650 with the factory third function. I'm not sure if this is the same for everyone, but in my case, the third function connections on the loader are flat-face.

Long story short, the male coupler is leaking from its face (not when it's connected and not from the threads).

I haven't used the third function in a while, and although I can't say for sure, I typically try to remember to depressurize that circuit when I'm done using the grapple. I'm wondering if the connectors need a bit of pressure on the back side to stay sealed shut...?

If that's not it, any ideas? I can certainly just get a new connector, but I want to be sure this isn't a sign of a bigger problem first.

Thanks!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a B2650 with the factory third function. I'm not sure if this is the same for everyone, but in my case, the third function connections on the loader are flat-face.

Long story short, the male coupler is leaking from its face (not when it's connected and not from the threads).

I haven't used the third function in a while, and although I can't say for sure, I typically try to remember to depressurize that circuit when I'm done using the grapple. I'm wondering if the connectors need a bit of pressure on the back side to stay sealed shut...?

If that's not it, any ideas? I can certainly just get a new connector, but I want to be sure this isn't a sign of a bigger problem first.

Thanks!
Its a sign the coupler is leaking. Before getting too carried away I would connect something to the third function and cycle it a few times. Then disconnect the couplers and see if the leaking has stopped.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Do you have 'covers' on those couplers? My Kubota third function kit (B1672 on a B2601 tractor/LA435 loader) did not come with 'covers', so I found a suitable set on Amazon.

Also, every time I shut the tractor down I 'release' all hydraulics by activating buttons (must be done with key on, motor off for third function to get the pressure to release) before storage to ensure longevity for those components.

I agree with the above recc's re 'cycling' then re-evaluating the issue. If no covers on those connectors it could be possible that minor contamination has created a leak. Good luck!