Leaf Vacuum Hose

rookiefarmer

Equipment
1972 L260
Nov 1, 2011
Colfax, IN
I have a Trac-Vac 1080, monster of a machine, and I need a new 8" diameter x 10' long flexible hose that goes from the discharge on the mower to the suction side of the blower housing. A factory replacement part is $280 and I drive 10 minutes from my house to pick it up, no shipping charge. I found a couple places online that sell urethane leaf vacuum hoses, universal not OEM, for around $180-200 shipped. Anyone have another option? I only spent $400 on the unit, put a $50 ebay carburetor on it and changed the oil to get it running. Would hate to spend almost $300 on just a hose.

Appreciate any thoughts on this.

gs kubota

Equipment
B7200 HST
Jul 16, 2018
Killingly, CT
I have used leaf vacuum's for many years (since the 1980's). A few years back I was faced with replacing my old broken down vacuum hose. Tried 2 different brands of the urethane hoses.... They didn't last more than 1 season. The leaf debris and sticks would wear away the urethane. Ended up getting an original hose from the manufacturer and it is now on its 4th season with no problems. I should note that the hose i'm talking about is from the impeller/blower to the cart.

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
Give these guys a call:

Spokane House of Hose
(800)541-6351

Give them the dimensions and a description of use. Good folks, good products, decent prices. The shipping will either make or break the deal.