Larger hydro pump for B6200 hst ?

Quagmire33

Equipment
B6200-d-hst. Great bend 220 FEL
May 27, 2014
Central Mass, USA
Curious if there is a bigger hydraulic pump available for the b6200. I've read a post saying someone used a b8200 pump on a b7100 or something to that affect. If there is one, is it worth doing ? Will they bolt right up? Obviously the bigger pump will require more HP but how much more, will it start to bog the motor down ? I honestly have no idea what the motor is besides it being a 15 hp 3 cylinder.

And on the other hand, my stock pump is so weak anything would be an upgrade. But will I still be dissapointed with the hydros if I go with a stock pump ? Right now my three point hitch is basically unresponsive until I hit about 2200-2500 rpm. The fel also. I've changed fluid and filters and the screens were clear and clean. I also changed the oil seal on the shaft of the pump because I was (still am a little) getting hydro oil in the motor oil.

Forgive my ignorance, I'm just a carpenter not a mechanic. And I've only had the tractor a few months.

tradin1

Equipment
b7100
May 17, 2013
tx
be sure and order the right pump off of the b8200 or it will not work. i have a thread that has the correct part number listed. i do not see why you couldnt use that pump, my limited understanding of hyd leads me to believe with the bigger pump with more flow and the same pressure it will just move things faster with less effort, not lift more; but someone like wolfman would prob know better than i do.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes the same pump should work for the B6200, but let me check on it for you first.