landscape rake vs small brush

TM9311

Jul 3, 2017
normal il
I finally gave in and got a landscape rake to collect the massive amounts of brush and junk that built of from previous owner who left the land go wild. few pictures show before, middle after 5ft brush hog, and current after raking a little bit.

The thing that annoys the most is the tiny little shoestring trees/ sticks whatever the hell they are. I am trying to get grass started before fall. Is there something better that I should be using? maybe the angle of the rake is off a little. idk.

Attachments

Last edited:

anthonyv

Equipment
BX24 BX2200
Jan 24, 2017
SC
Try looking at a ratchet rake, I have had good luck with removing vines, blackberry brambles, small trees, pines, etc. Also works well when grooming soil for seeding & grading gravel roadways.

TM9311

Jul 3, 2017
normal il
i made a piranha bar and they just laugh at it. they just give and fold over. its like deep rooted grass. maybe a plow is what i need? lol

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
Some good weed/brush killer could help. A light discing, plant some annual rye, and fertilize for winter. Then in the spring spray what comes back(weeds), disc, plant grass, and fertilize.
If you keep mowing and working with it, it will get better without doing all the above. It just takes time. I had the same problem, weeds,grass, etc. was to my waist. Just took a lot of work and time for the grass to come back. Some " weed and feed" would probably be good for that area also.