Landpride Rotary Cutter Seal Replacement?

LarryBud

Equipment
L3130
Dec 5, 2020
Cleveland, MO
I moved my rotary cutter yesterday and found a pool of gear lube puddled up underneath it. ( I had topped it off a few weeks back ). I filled it back up but must assume it wont go away.

I'm guessing the culprit is a seal on the driveshaft from the gearbox to the blades. Other ideas?

Does anyone have any experience on the replacement? While I hate to take it in, I may not have the tools to break it apart and fix it.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I moved my rotary cutter yesterday and found a pool of gear lube puddled up underneath it. ( I had topped it off a few weeks back ). I filled it back up but must assume it wont go away.

I'm guessing the culprit is a seal on the driveshaft from the gearbox to the blades. Other ideas?

Does anyone have any experience on the replacement? While I hate to take it in, I may not have the tools to break it apart and fix it.
Most (all?) such seals can be replaced without disassembling the gearbox but you will need to remove the blade carrier, etc.

I've found it helpful to invert the mower to make access easier.

SDT

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Had to look it up as I'm not physically on the farm. Its a RCR1260

View attachment 79619
Here’s a handy breakdown of everything.
Drop down menu let’s you look at all sections.

Looks like you can drop the stump jumper and maybe get to seal without removing gearbox. If you can get the cutter up high enough or flipped over/propped on one side. Like @SDT said a few post above.