LandPride Landscape Rake with wheels

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Put new bushing into the wheels on my LandPride landscape rake only to find that the new bushings are no better than the ones that I took out. The wheel is too tight to spin even after I greased it. It is an LR1660 that I purchased used at a great price. The wheels were not installed on the rake when I purchased it so I had to mount the arms onto the rake and then install the wheels. One side went into the bushings easily, but the other one gave me the problem, so I figured that it was bad bushings. Has anyone else ever experienced this type of problem with the wheels on their Landpride rakes or rear blades that use the same wheels?

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY
I assume you mean the wheels do not spin and not the yoke. I would check to see if you have overtightened the through bolt. There needs to some axial clearance for them to turn

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I assume you mean the wheels do not spin and not the yoke. I would check to see if you have overtightened the through bolt. There needs to some axial clearance for them to turn
The wheels turn fine, it is the yoke that just won't turn. Tomorrow if the weather warms up I am going to take it apart again and use a tool that will fix the problem that I last used over 50 years ago. I am certain that the tool will resolve the issue.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I couldn't have picked a worse day for temperature to fix this problem, but it only took me about 1/2 hour from start to finish. I spent more time digging out the tools than I spent reaming the bushings to fit. It went smoothly and after examining the top bushing, I believe that this was a problem for the previous owner as indicated by the hammer marks on the top bushing. Below are the pictures of the job in various stages. It now swivels the way it was intended. In the first picture, you can see the wheel just hanging and I had to drive it out using my dead blow hammer. I originally forced the wheel and bushing into place by letting the weight of the rake do the pushing. I should have stopped and gotten the reamers out and fixed it properly, but I thought that it would work itself loose as I used the rake.

MVC-001L.JPG
MVC-002L.JPG
MVC-003L.JPG
MVC-004L.JPG
MVC-005L.JPG
MVC-006L.JPG

Last edited: