Land Pride SGC0554 Claw Grapple Grinding Noise??

Ogarret

Mar 20, 2022
South Carolina
Hey All,
Just picked up a new B2601 with Land Pride SGC0554 claw grapple a few weeks ago. After it’s initial use the grapple seemed to make a weird grinding noise when clamping brush or logs. Have operated other grapples in past and never experienced this. Does it have to do with lack of grease zerks or just weak steel creaking? Has anyone else experienced this with their LP grapple. Thanks for any input.

Crummy

Equipment
LX2610
Jul 29, 2021
Alaska
I have a SGC0554 and I drilled and tapped the hinge point to install grease zerks. Not sure if that's where your noise is coming from but if so it's a easy fix.

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
I have a SGC0554 and I drilled and tapped the hinge point to install grease zerks. Not sure if that's where your noise is coming from but if so it's a easy fix.
Did you have to modify anything else or you just were able to drill and insert zerks to get the grease to disburse?

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
I know you probably know this but are you holding the button down after the grapple closes. deadheading the hydraulics. that makes a funny noise

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
one more thing is check your teeth,, sometimes they get ahhhh bent,,, dont ask

Reactions: 1 users

Ogarret

Mar 20, 2022
South Carolina
Thank you all for the responses. I used a needle to insert some grease on all the fittings and sprayed some oil lubrication on them as well and noises went away. The fact they don’t have grease zerks is beyond me.

Reactions: 1 users

GrappleDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
New Kubota L2501
Mar 19, 2022
jackson NY
Thank you all for the responses. I used a needle to insert some grease on all the fittings and sprayed some oil lubrication on them as well and noises went away. The fact they don’t have grease zerks is beyond me.
I can tell you from experience that you can not find (at a reasonable price) any small pins or bolts with grease fittings, I have been trying to find a 3/4" x 2" bolt/pin, stud what have you with a grease fitting and I have yet to find any that aren't 8 to 10 bucks a piece. I would love to use them in my builds. It's all about compromise, to keep the cost down and quality up.