Land Pride Rotary Mover

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
My brother in law bought a new 6’ LP brush mower and has used it for about a month, not really cutting much really. Saturday, have asked me to come out to help him grease his tractor and so I did. I told him we needed to do the mower as well. I couldn’t get the pro shaft u-joints without removing the shaft. Once off, I showed him that both joints felt a little rough when moved. There was no evidence that they joints were greased. It took several seconds on each one with a Dewalt power grease gun toget some grease to appear at the cups. In other word, the joints probably only had the grease on the needle bearings that was there when they were installed on the pro shaft. Once greased, they were nice and smooth like they should be. I told him to let the dealer know about this. The rear wheel and shaft were the same way....no grease.

So, if you have a new LP brush mower you might want to check the pro shaft rear wheel shaft and wheel grease.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
My brother in law bought a new 6’ LP brush mower and has used it for about a month, not really cutting much really. Saturday, have asked me to come out to help him grease his tractor and so I did. I told him we needed to do the mower as well. I couldn’t get the pro shaft u-joints without removing the shaft. Once off, I showed him that both joints felt a little rough when moved. There was no evidence that they joints were greased. It took several seconds on each one with a Dewalt power grease gun toget some grease to appear at the cups. In other word, the joints probably only had the grease on the needle bearings that was there when they were installed on the pro shaft. Once greased, they were nice and smooth like they should be. I told him to let the dealer know about this. The rear wheel and shaft were the same way....no grease.

So, if you have a new LP brush mower you might want to check the pro shaft rear wheel shaft and wheel grease.
A few years ago I bought a new EDGE grapple. Due to evidence of two different colors of grease, it was apparent that it had been greased both at the manufacturing plant and again by the dealer before delivery.

After using it the first time I decided to grease it upon removal. One zerk would not take grease.

I fussed with it for awhile before removing the zerk to replace it with a new one, only to discover that the steel where the zerk was installed had not been drilled completely through. After disassembly in order to through drill the steel, I replaced the zerk and greased the assembly without issue.

Bottom line: At least two folks, one at the manufacturing plant and another at the dealer, had noticed that this zerk would not take grease (evidence of grease of two colors around the zerk) yet neither cared.

SDT

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
There was no evidence of grease on either of the joints. One was ‘tipped’ by a yellow paint pen, probably the QA guy checking to see if it was installed. Definitely no grease.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
First order of business on ANYTHING with zerks. Look and see if grease is oozing out. If not, pump some in until it does. As for the incomplete drilling, I think I'd be asking for compensation on that, if for no other reason than being their Quality Assurance. Good find on that. Normally a manual grease gun will let you know real quick grease is not going in. It's HARD to pump grease against a dead end. Grease does not compress very well.