LA844 Loader - C/V Lever

whirly

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100HST
Dec 16, 2016
Pepeekeo, HI
I just received my MX5100 Tuesday and getting it ready to work. In combing over the tractor, so far the only thing I can't figure out is the lever in the picture below. I don't have the owner's manual for the LA844 so can any one give me a hint as to what this lever does?

Herkypilot

Equipment
KX040, M7060HDC 12 & L3540
Oct 10, 2011
Carroll County, VA
I'm selling a Kubota Workshop manual for an MX5100 if you are interested. I have it listed on the For Sale section of this forum. I sold my MX5100 a few months ago. Send me a PM

HP

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Locks the loader valve to keep it from being bumped accidentally.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
And it is a good idea to lock the loader valve when traveling at speed from someone who watched his brother do a front wheel stand on his tractor when the FEL bucket came down and dug in as he was tearing across a field.

Almost like a kid locking the front brake on his new bike. My brother's contact with the steering wheel and other parts of the tractor was very painful.

Also saw it happen to a truck driver unloading large rolls of sod from an 18 wheeler and delivering the rolls to different parts of the field using a 3 wheeled fork lift. The forks came down a bit and on a bounce, dug in stopping the forklift immediately. The operator's body hit the mast and slid off. He was injured and stunned but not dead. Neither my brother nor this guy were using seat-belts.

Dave M7040

Dave.