LA525 joystick sticking

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Finally had the chance to take the "lowercased L" out for some snow removal this morning. About 25*F or so. Noticed the joystick will stick in the downward direction if pushed too far. The other 3 directions seem to behave just fine.

Not a huge deal, but you really have to be paying attention since the loader will not stop until limited out.

Is this normal? About 3.5 hours on the machine thus far.

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
When you push UP on the joystick it has a detent that will put the loader into the “float” position.
Push up and past the detent and it will stick in the float position.
Is that what you are referring to?

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
That is the float position...It allows the loader to free-float and follow the contour of the ground.

I hate to be "that guy" but read your owners manual.
I thought I caught it picking up the front end, but next time I run the tractor I’ll pay more attention.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
I thought I caught it picking up the front end, but next time I run the tractor I’ll pay more attention.
It probably did...until the joystick went into the detent. Practice putting it in float with the bucket about a foot off the ground till you get used to it-it will settle to the ground quickly but not just drop, and you'll keep from doing wheelies :D