LA450s loader hydraulic adjustment please help

xpackdeals

May 20, 2013
battle creek,mi,
I helped install this loader its a LA450S on a L 2350 tractor about 2 years ago on my friends tractor and since we put it on it has always dumped real fast and the loader goes down real fast as well. Every thing works like it should except for those 2 and they work just really fast almost to a point of being dangerous.Does anybody know how to slow these down is there anything in the valve that can be adjusted if you know something please let me know thankyou

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
You may find that's just the way it is designed.

Discussion here in past has indicated some variation in hydraulic capacity and response in different models.

One of ours moves extremely fast on both FEL and the 3-point. I can jerk up a bushhog very quick to miss a bump and can rattle the loader bucket to dump sticky material.

Other one just meanders along, fast enough, but not like it's big brother---at least on the FEL. On the backhoe it takes a gentle touch and operates much smoother at lower RPM with all the power it needs.

Compared to other brands (Massey, FNH, White; all factory) Kubota seems much more responsive, faster in all aspects.

Not trying to be horsey about it but may need to adjust the operator and develop a subtle or delicate touch on the controls.

xpackdeals

May 20, 2013
battle creek,mi,
I used to own the L2350 with a FEL and it operated a lot smoother than my friends and i now have a 4240 and it operates smooth as well we have both tried over the past 2 years to adjust to his being so fast but just cant seem to get it.It is so bad when you are trying to be delicate you must use both hands to try to control it on the dump and lowering it and it still sometimes gets away from you. That is why we are wondering if there was a adjustment to slow it down some and i know what you mean about the different tractors acting different i also have a old case 580ck that is different but i have just never seen one that is this fast.Any more help would be great thanks

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Especially when lifting something heavy try grabbing down lower on the stick instead of holding it by the knob. I have the same loader and yes it's very fast. It takes a very light hand but it can be controlled with practise.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
I agree with kubotasam on installing flow restricters. I had to do the same thing on a M4900 I did own. Now I have a M7040 as it operates like a fine tuned machine.