LA435 Swift-Tach loader on B2601

robert2601

Aug 18, 2021
Afton,Tn
I have a B2601 with a LA435 Swift-Tach loader. I am ready to start mowing and wanted to remove lhe loader for the first time. The tractor is new and has 20 hours on it. I followed the directions to remove. I put the bucket in the dump position and unlocked the parking stand lever and nothing happens. The parking stand does not release. I am just wondering what I am doing wrong.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I have a B2601 with a LA435 Swift-Tach loader. I am ready to start mowing and wanted to remove lhe loader for the first time. The tractor is new and has 20 hours on it. I followed the directions to remove. I put the bucket in the dump position and unlocked the parking stand lever and nothing happens. The parking stand does not release. I am just wondering what I am doing wrong.
Mine had bent parts right from the dealer and was not adjusted correctly I'd suggest taking the manual and going over the whole thing. When properly setup they work really nice.

Here is a YouTube video showing how to make the setup adjustments it might help you

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

robert2601

Aug 18, 2021
Afton,Tn
Mine had bent parts right from the dealer and was not adjusted correctly I'd suggest taking the manual and going over the whole thing. When properly setup they work really nice.

Here is a YouTube video showing how to make the setup adjustments it might help you
That is a great video. Thanks for sharing it with me. I will try some of his tips before sending tractor to dealer to fix.

Reactions: 1 users

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
I'd just remove the bucket itself. Just pull up on those black levers on the back side of it. Lower a bit and go.

When reloading, tilt the part with the levers on it a bit forward at the top before trying to get it reattached.

I've had 4 tractors now and have never ever removed the entire loader. A pain.

robert2601

Aug 18, 2021
Afton,Tn
I'd just remove the bucket itself. Just pull up on those black levers on the back side of it. Lower a bit and go.

When reloading, tilt the part with the levers on it a bit forward at the top before trying to get it reattached.

That is an option for me but I bought a tractor that was advertised that you could remove the loader from the seat so I probably will not be satisfied until it works as asvertised.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
That is an option for me but I bought a tractor that was advertised that you could remove the loader from the seat so I probably will not be satisfied until it works as asvertised.
It will work once you get it adjusted but if you have a 3rd function kit installed you will need to get off to unhook those hoses. :)

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Yeah, mine is like that, but it will take an act of Congress for me to want to remove it. Have removed the bucket once to back the BB into the basement of the carriage house. Not much maneuvering room down there with the 60 inch bucket.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Once sorted out loader should come off in a couple of minutes. I won't mow with loader on , I like the front end light and the maneuverability.

dkbswim

Equipment
B2601
Feb 6, 2021
columbus ga
my loader was not set up when I received my tractor. I almost took the tractor back to get fixed. then I read through the procedures in the loader manual and corrected it myself. I was annoyed that I payed to have the tractor set up and they failed to do it. a couple other dealer issues really had me annoyed that weekend.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

I have removed the loader once on my FORD 1920.
To paint the tractor!
The loader on My L48 Kubota is NOT removable........without a fist full of wrenches!

robert2601

Aug 18, 2021
Afton,Tn

I watched this video several times and adjusted my loader as he suggested. Low and behold after the adjustments it actually worked. I am glad everything is working now and sure do appreciate your suggestion of watching video and am disappointed in the dealer not checking out the loader prior to delivery

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I watched this video several times and adjusted my loader as he suggested. Low and behold after the adjustments it actually worked. I am glad everything is working now and sure do appreciate your suggestion of watching video and am disappointed in the dealer not checking out the loader prior to delivery
I'm glad that worked for you. Good luck with the new tractor.