LA402 SSQA conversion and EA grapple

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
Some folks asked that I follow up on this when everything arrives. I am running a B2910 with a 402. SSQA kits are pricey and I found (here and other forum) that the SSQA from a LA513 will fit with minor mods. It's cheaper and better than an aftermarket setup and I don't have the skills to fabricate my own.

I ordered the L2230A SSQA from my dealer's whole goods. You have to call your sales guy the parts people won't be able to help. I just told them it was for a LA513. When they asked what tractor I was stupified and just told them it's an off-label use :).

I also ordered from EA the wicked grapple. This was mid November.

Kubota dealer called about 2 weeks ago with the SSQA. About a week ago the grapple arrived at my shipper depot. I had already installed the WR Long third function.

Install was super easy. Just the 4 holder bolts to the pins, drive out pins, remove bucket. Grease new pins and install. The space between the ears on the SSQA is about 3/4" wider than the old bucket, so a spacer is required. I got some 1" nylon spacers from McMaster

No code has to be inserted here.

I trimmed these down using a angle grinder to fit. Put it together, greased everything real good and hooked up the grapple. I have only played with the grapple for about an hour or so. Lot's of fun. I had to stop because some idiot neglected to properly tighten one of the swivels on the third function valve and it vibrated loose and started squirting. I will chase down some SUDT this week and get it back together.

The SSQA works great, looks great, fits fine. Just need the spacers in there.

Hope this helps. This was all someone else's discovery. I just copied what was told to do.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
SSQA is a game changer! couldnt use a tractor without it, you are going to love it. Good job!

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Nice job, it’s so useful and quick to change items.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Some folks asked that I follow up on this when everything arrives. I am running a B2910 with a 402. SSQA kits are pricey and I found (here and other forum) that the SSQA from a LA513 will fit with minor mods. It's cheaper and better than an aftermarket setup and I don't have the skills to fabricate my own.

I ordered the L2230A SSQA from my dealer's whole goods. You have to call your sales guy the parts people won't be able to help. I just told them it was for a LA513. When they asked what tractor I was stupified and just told them it's an off-label use :).

I also ordered from EA the wicked grapple. This was mid November.

Kubota dealer called about 2 weeks ago with the SSQA. About a week ago the grapple arrived at my shipper depot. I had already installed the WR Long third function.

Install was super easy. Just the 4 holder bolts to the pins, drive out pins, remove bucket. Grease new pins and install. The space between the ears on the SSQA is about 3/4" wider than the old bucket, so a spacer is required. I got some 1" nylon spacers from McMaster

No code has to be inserted here.

I trimmed these down using a angle grinder to fit. Put it together, greased everything real good and hooked up the grapple. I have only played with the grapple for about an hour or so. Lot's of fun. I had to stop because some idiot neglected to properly tighten one of the swivels on the third function valve and it vibrated loose and started squirting. I will chase down some SUDT this week and get it back together.

The SSQA works great, looks great, fits fine. Just need the spacers in there.

Hope this helps. This was all someone else's discovery. I just copied what was told to do.
I have the same tractor/loader as you.

What do you do to put the original bucket back on?

Do you have to remove the SSQA?

Sorry if the answer is obvious, but I do not see it...

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
You either convert the old bucket to SSQA or get a new bucket that's SSQA.