LA300 stuck on B1750

Derkis

Jan 29, 2024
USA
Hello all,

I have a B1750 with the LA300 loader. I've been attempting to remove the loader, but the side frame is completely stuck in the subframe. I've followed the directions in the manual exactly and made sure there were no parts still attaching the loader to the subframe.

I had a mechanic looking at the tractor for another issue and asked him if we would be able to remove the loader. He tried to remove the loader from the tractor with a gantry and was able to lift the entire tractor by the loader.

What could be binding the side frame to the subframe? Is there any sort of penetrating oil or lubricant I can try to use? I've tried breaking it free with mallets and got nowhere.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Hello all,

I have a B1750 with the LA300 loader. I've been attempting to remove the loader, but the side frame is completely stuck in the subframe. I've followed the directions in the manual exactly and made sure there were no parts still attaching the loader to the subframe.

I had a mechanic looking at the tractor for another issue and asked him if we would be able to remove the loader. He tried to remove the loader from the tractor with a gantry and was able to lift the entire tractor by the loader.

What could be binding the side frame to the subframe? Is there any sort of penetrating oil or lubricant I can try to use? I've tried breaking it free with mallets and got nowhere.
What happens if you try and extend the loader arm cylinders using the loader hydraulics after everything is disconnected?
Dave

Derkis

Jan 29, 2024
USA
What happens if you try and extend the loader arm cylinders using the loader hydraulics after everything is disconnected?
Dave
The tractor lifts itself off the ground a bit. I've tried this at full RPM to make sure it wasn't a power issue.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
The tractor lifts itself off the ground a bit. I've tried this at full RPM to make sure it wasn't a power issue.
I am sorry i did not make myself clear.
If you use the lift arm cylinders to extend on some machines they push the loader away from the tractor thus freeing it up.
Since you have 7 posts you are eligible to post photos. Do so as it will make your situation much easier to understand.
Dave

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Did you remove the 2 wedge pins completely?
And the 2 front pins?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
If you use the lift arm cylinders to extend on some machines they push the loader away from the tractor thus freeing it up.
Since you have 7 posts you are eligible to post photos. Do so as it will make your situation much easier to understand.
Dave
Plse see if these instructions help
Forum Loader removal.jpg

Dave

Derkis

Jan 29, 2024
USA
Did you remove the 2 wedge pins completely?
And the 2 front pins?
Yes, all pins are removed.

I was the one who wasn't clear, my apologies. I have the manual and have tried to extend the cylinders as written there but I'm unsuccessful. The engine just bogs down.

It's hard to take a picture of nothing happening, but here's a video: https://youtube.com/shorts/qmv94KNdESg?feature=shared

I've tried to help the hydraulics by also lifting up on the arms with a farm jack, but it just lifts the whole tractor.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Get some ZEP Calcium rust and lime remover and soak the towers.
Also stick your head under the tower, before you soak it and see if someone added any bolts under it.

Your also not following what Dave is suggesting, all you are doing in the video is using the curl cylinders to lift the loader, use the lift cylinders to push and pull the towers.
Don't use a lot of force, but moving them front to back will help break them out of the pockets.

Last edited: