L6060 third function question

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
Hello

was playing with the hydraulic control lever tonight with the tractor off and noticed the third function rocker switch activated while the key was off. I don’t have anything hooked up to the ports but I could hear what sounded like a pump when rocking the switch back and forth. Is this normal behavior, or a problem?

thank you.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Hello

was playing with the hydraulic control lever tonight with the tractor off and noticed the third function rocker switch activated while the key was off. I don’t have anything hooked up to the ports but I could hear what sounded like a pump when rocking the switch back and forth. Is this normal behavior, or a problem?

thank you.
Many third function switches are wired to a constant hot so yes, those will work regardless of key position. Mine is dealer installed and that’s how it works. What you heard would be the relay pulling in to actuate the diverter valve.

Some prefer to hook to a keyed hot. Of course those only work when the key is in the run position.

Sounds like yours is wired to a constant hot and functioning normally.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Great, thank you. I am curious, what’s the reason most are not installed to keyed hot?
Agree. Seems unusual - it won't do anything without the engine running. Unless it's so you can let it gravity drop when the machine isn't running - that might be useful.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hello

thank you.
My L6060 does not do that.

As below, my L6060 has the Kubota OEM third function.

SDT

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
I cycle mine without the engine running to make it easier to disconnect the hydraulic lines.

Reactions: 2 users

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
My L6060 does not do that.

SDT
My L6060 oem kit, also does not.

johnsayen,

Does your control lever have the silver bracket with white/green button? If it does this is the factory kit. If it doesn't you may have an aftermarket kit.

Reactions: 1 user

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Agree. Seems unusual - it won't do anything without the engine running. Unless it's so you can let it gravity drop when the machine isn't running - that might be useful.
Engine doesn't need to be running, but key needs to be in the run position. Works great for relieving residual pressure in the lines running up the loader boom...makes for easier coupler hookup.

Black Lab Guy

Equipment
Kubota L6060, LA1105 Loader, TRA 66 Grapple, Kobota Bucket, Bush Hog, Box Blade,
Jul 4, 2021
Sequatchie Valley Tennessee
My L6060 oem kit, also does not.

johnsayen,

Does your control lever have the silver bracket with white/green button? If it does this is the factory kit. If it doesn't you may have an aftermarket kit.
My L6060 has the factory third function switch installed with the control described above. The one thing I can recommend (from experience) is a protection guard for the hydraulic lines of the unit underneath the tractor.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
My L6060 has the factory third function switch installed with the control described above. The one thing I can recommend (from experience) is a protection guard for the hydraulic lines of the unit underneath the tractor.
Bingo.

The factory set-up is very vulnerable to obstacles.

SDT