L6060 purchase

benius

Equipment
BX2200
Apr 29, 2021
Iowa
Good evening,
I've been scouring the boards for the past 2 weeks and I'm about to pull the trigger on an L6060 tomorrow. Never got to see one in person with all the present demand and production backlog, but would appreciate feedback from anyone who has one.
  1. Air ride seat worth it?
  2. Rear defogger? Will be moving snow with rear blower but also requires larger alternator
  3. Thinking of 3 rear remotes, 2 float detent and 1 double acting. Are the double acting self cancelling?
Appreciate any feedback!

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
my buddy wants to sell his to move up-
L6060 cab
4wd
Loaded R4's
FEL
3rd function
Expanded steel over grill guard
stereo
SSQA
Bucket
under 70hrs
50hr service done by selling dealer
Near Eastover, SC

I can get a price if anyone is interested.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
1. absolutely. Make sure you get the old one back.
2. if you can justify it then yes you need the larger alternator.
3. great choice. And yes the double acting is spring to neutral.(self canceling)

I would suggest getting the 3 sets of wheel weights, 8 hose loader quick connect, and third function.
I would rather have these, instead of the defogger setup. The heat on these cabs is pretty good, and there are plenty of vents. I have the defogger/high amp, it just doesn't do much for the cost.

You will love it. Buy yourself some super lube for the steering boot under the steering column, it gets stuck and twists off.

If you decide to get a pull type implement, I would suggest the drop drawbar, it gives you the 14" pto spacing you need.

Last edited:

benius

Equipment
BX2200
Apr 29, 2021
Iowa
1. absolutely. Make sure you get the old one back.
2. if you can justify it then yes you need the larger alternator.
3. great choice. And yes the double acting is spring to neutral.(self canceling)

I would suggest getting the 3 sets of wheel weights, 8 hose loader quick connect, and third function.
I would rather have these, instead of the defogger setup. The heat on these cabs is pretty good, and there are plenty of vents. I have the defogger/high amp, it just doesn't do much for the cost.

You will love it. Buy yourself some super lube for the steering boot under the steering column, it gets stuck and twists off.

If you decide to get a pull type implement, I would suggest the drop drawbar, it gives you the 14" pto spacing you need.
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I was planning to do the 3rd function, but what exactly is the 8 hose loader quick connect?

kubotafreak

Equipment
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
It is a single lever connection for the loader/3rd hydraulics. It uses flat face connections that are cleaner, and do not get fluid everywhere. They also don't pressure lock like the individuals will.

They have an option for hydraulic skid steer connect which I got, again second hand new. It is useful, pricy, but useful. Especially with non powered implements. You will look for every reason not to get out of the cab in the winter/heat of summer.

Ill also add the two hose quick connect for the 3rd function is almost useless. I bought one second hand new, and it is about worthless. Just get your quick connect adapters (flavor of choice) and you will be good.

Attachments

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
It is a single lever connection for the loader/3rd hydraulics. It uses flat face connections that are cleaner, and do not get fluid everywhere. They also don't pressure lock like the individuals will.

They have an option for hydraulic skid steer connect which I got, again second hand new. It is useful, pricy, but useful. Especially with non powered implements. You will look for every reason not to get out of the cab in the winter/heat of summer.

Ill also add the two hose quick connect for the 3rd function is almost useless. I bought one second hand new, and it is about worthless. Just get your quick connect adapters (flavor of choice) and you will be good.
I specify the single lever hydraulic manifold for any tractor that I buy and have it on my L6060. It's especially worthwhile on the 6060 as it includes connections for the third function. Not so on the M9960.

SDT

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
The seat option really depends on your weight and anticipated amount of time in the seat. I have factory seat and at 240 lbs it bottoms out on bumps even in the stiffest spring setting.

I’m thinking of upgrading to air ride. I think you lose PTO option by lifting the seat so if you’re going to use a chipper you’ll have to do a work around. The seat is the most disappointing thing to me, others have said it works fine for them.

lot’s of useful functions on the Grand L you’ll like.

kubotafreak

Equipment
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
L6029 harness should allow pto off seat. I haven’t gotten it yet but it’s in the seat literature.

Reactions: 1 user

benius

Equipment
BX2200
Apr 29, 2021
Iowa
Thanks everyone for the feedback. You guys are awesome! Pulled the trigger on a new L6060 last week...they are telling me about 2 months lead time.

flyingbrass

Equipment
L2350
Feb 6, 2016
Arkansas
The seat option really depends on your weight and anticipated amount of time in the seat. I have factory seat and at 240 lbs it bottoms out on bumps even in the stiffest spring setting.

I’m thinking of upgrading to air ride. I think you lose PTO option by lifting the seat so if you’re going to use a chipper you’ll have to do a work around. The seat is the most disappointing thing to me, others have said it works fine for them.

lot’s of useful functions on the Grand L you’ll like.
Yes air ride seat is worth it. No you never had the pto option on the factory seat to begin with so no big deal. Just put a brick on either seat.

alexeaton

Equipment
L6060
May 5, 2021
Minnesota
Thanks everyone for the feedback. You guys are awesome! Pulled the trigger on a new L6060 last week...they are telling me about 2 months lead time.
I ordered my L6060 on March 6, 2021. Today, they are saying it won't arrive till July/Aug. The tractor might arrive before then, but the loader LA 1055 is the reason that it's so far out.

Last edited:

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Dang 😍. How was the install? Gonna have to look into that for sure. Very nice.

kubotafreak

Equipment
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Dang 😍. How was the install? Gonna have to look into that for sure. Very nice.
By your self, a B#%?!.
I thought about taking it apart like the oem seat. Factory is easy, just take two silver bolts out of the front. Take the seat and suspension off separate. This seat I left in one piece, due to it being put together with Loctite, and would be a nightmare to put back together in cab. So I stacked up some small pallets behind the cab, hoisted it behind the back glass. I then placed cardboard over the rear threshold, Sat the seat on the rear threshold and then lowered it in place while standing in cab. There is not enough room to go in from the side because of the steering wheel without two bodybuilders. It is very cumbersome and heavy. The brackets are sharp and just waiting to scratch or tear something. It worked for me without scratching anything, I'm only 140lbs. Find some new bolts too, the ones it come with take a torx and have Loctite(wouldn't have been able to start the nuts with one person... ) I placed the bolts from the top, started the factory nuts from the bottom. Then you can slide the seat forward enough to lift the pan and seat to tighten. You get industrious when your wife doesn't help...

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
By your self, a B#%?!.
I thought about taking it apart like the oem seat. Factory is easy, just take two silver bolts out of the front. Take the seat and suspension off separate. This seat I left in one piece, due to it being put together with Loctite, and would be a nightmare to put back together in cab. So I stacked up some small pallets behind the cab, hoisted it behind the back glass. I then placed cardboard over the rear threshold, Sat the seat on the rear threshold and then lowered it in place while standing in cab. There is not enough room to go in from the side because of the steering wheel without two bodybuilders. It is very cumbersome and heavy. The brackets are sharp and just waiting to scratch or tear something. It worked for me without scratching anything, I'm only 140lbs. Find some new bolts too, the ones it come with take a torx and have Loctite(wouldn't have been able to start the nuts with one person... ) I placed the bolts from the top, started the factory nuts from the bottom. Then you can slide the seat forward enough to lift the pan and seat to tighten. You get industrious when your wife doesn't help...
Where did you pick up 12V for the compressor? Maybe there's a hidden harness already there for the factory air ride option?

kubotafreak

Equipment
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
There is one 12v harness for the cabs at the lower right corner. The harness for the seat has a pass through connector. So it will not eliminate a 12v plug for your next thing.(third function/lights...) I had to make a y harness because the factory third function with hydraulic two lever has two 12v plugs.