L6060 mid-PTO hydraulic qc - fittings on bottom-right quick-connect leak

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
Hi all,

The fitting(s) on the bottom-right quick connect for my mid-PTO hydraulic set sprung a pretty good leak (must have rattled loose? (L6060 has 10 hours on it so probably still working out the kinks) and it's not obvious to me how to tighten them as there appears to be two retaining nuts separated by a colored ring. I included some pictures for reference and I realize the picture of the retaining nuts is for the top left qc and it was much easier to snap a picture of that one for reference. Thankfully the tractor was not running when the leak sprung.

I have a few questions that I'll be asking the dealer Monday and will update you all with the fix - if you have answers or suggestions I'd love to hear them too.

* I've been trying to read through the operating manual to see how to check the hydraulic fluid level as it is definitely low - I see reference to transmission fluid but not hydraulic - does the transmission share the fluid with the loader and PTO or have I just not seen it in the manual yet?
* How do I appropriately tighten these fittings/nuts?
* After properly tightening and adding hydraulic fluid are there any required procedures such as bleeding or waiting/re-checking?
* I presume the proper hydraulic fluid specs are in the operating manual

thank you.

Attachments

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Many times simply disconnecting and reconnecting a quick disconnect is adequate to stop a leak. Hydraulics and transmission share the same oil bath. currently Kubota SUDT-2 is the recommended fluid..

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
Many times simply disconnecting and reconnecting a quick disconnect is adequate to stop a leak. Hydraulics and transmission share the same oil bath. currently Kubota SUDT-2 is the recommended fluid..
Thanks. This leak is coming from the middle adapter that connects the quick fitting to the t-valve. Think I have enough info to try tightening tonight.

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
I tried tightening the leaking adapter nut to the t-valve tonight based on the service manager's recommendation and it will spin and spin without excessive force, something must be stripped either in the adapter or the t-valve as I confirmed the others do not behave the same. I don't think the forum will allow me to post a video of the behavior, so here's a picture of the nut I am referring to that will continually spin, you can see I have a crescent wrench on it.

Attachments

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY
If the adapter that you have the wrench on is spinning with that wrench only, you need to tighten the swivel nut behind it where it connects to the Tee or else the swivel nut is compromised.

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
If the adapter that you have the wrench on is spinning with that wrench only, you need to tighten the swivel nut behind it where it connects to the Tee or else the swivel nut is compromised.
Thank you. Service manager told me the same thing this morning. Will try that. It was not obvious to me that the swivel nut was a nut.

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
Which direction should that swivel nut be tightened?

Last edited:

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY
Clockwise looking toward the rear of the tractor. Hold the Tee with a wrench and tighten the nut

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
Clockwise looking toward the rear of the tractor. Hold the Tee with a wrench and tighten the nut
OK, I think this makes sense. The SM suggested holding the nut that I had the wrench on in-place then tightening the swivel nut. Thank you for the help.

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
I'm back in business - many of the nuts needed to be tightened up. Unclear if the leak is 100% resolved but it has definitely slowed to a mere occasional drip at this point. Could also be remnant fluid drops from the leak, will see over the next few days.