L5240 Loader Settles, 3pt jerks up and down

dtreid

Equipment
rtv 900, b7800
Jun 2, 2013
Canada
If I have a load on it, the fel on my l5240 settles slowly with the engine running. Goes down say 1/2" every couple seconds.
Also, if I have a weight on the 3pt hitch, it will raise up, then settle, then raise up again. Only 1/2" or so. The same frequency as the loader.

Any ideas? I bought this tractor with a failed hst and rebuilt it. Except for these issues, it's an awesome machine.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
If I have a load on it, the fel on my l5240 settles slowly with the engine running. Goes down say 1/2" every couple seconds.
Also, if I have a weight on the 3pt hitch, it will raise up, then settle, then raise up again. Only 1/2" or so. The same frequency as the loader.

Any ideas? I bought this tractor with a failed hst and rebuilt it. Except for these issues, it's an awesome machine.
I think you have two separate problems. The cylinders that are drifting are held by two different valves. Leakage on one will not effect the other.

Sounds like the loader spool is leaking. How much does it drop over say 60 seconds? Thats a better metric to use for evaluating the rate of leakage.

Three point drift could be caused by either the valve or the seals in the lift cylinder but in either case the position control will self correct and maintain the set position. That is the movement you are seeing.

Dan

Last edited: