L48 - Bucket boom loss of power

TheAVguy

Equipment
L48
Jun 4, 2023
CT
I removed the filter screen. The o ring on it is very worn down and loose so ill order a new one. The screen had a little gunk, but nothing too crazy. On Monday I’ll swing by parts store to make adapter to hook up pressure gauge.

TheAVguy

Equipment
L48
Jun 4, 2023
CT
UPDATE,

I decided to just go for it and hope it was the front pump. I ordered a new pump and just finished installing it.

OMG!!!
At idle the boom and bucket were MOVING!

I had gotten the machine at 1600 hrs and it’s never been this powerful. Very excited for the long weekend to put it to work.

Just need to dial in the relief valves now that I can for sure burst a hose with all this power!

Reactions: 1 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
UPDATE,

I decided to just go for it and hope it was the front pump. I ordered a new pump and just finished installing it.

OMG!!!
At idle the boom and bucket were MOVING!

I had gotten the machine at 1600 hrs and it’s never been this powerful. Very excited for the long weekend to put it to work.

Just need to dial in the relief valves now that I can for sure burst a hose with all this power!
Congratulations.

Dan

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
It is so nice when you take a educated guess and it works out. Did the new pump have a core? If not now you have something to play with. I still have a few CV axle cages/balls that I give my niece 5 bucks if she can disassemble and reassemble the rzeppa joint.

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
The TLB series are scary strong compared to their agricultural counterparts. Their strength will forever spoil you. Good job diagnosing and repair.