L4701 Third Function

WCR

Equipment
L4701,loader,landpride blade, pallet forks, MTL Grapple, Home Made tree puller
Feb 11, 2019
Missouri
Long time lurker and first time poster ... I see a lot of knowledge and help here on the forums ... I'm not new to tractors but this is my first Kubota and excited to get it home and play ... I have read and watched video's on the third function until I'm really confused :( ... looks like either WR Long or Land Pride ... is one more user friendly than the other, better kit as far as hook up's? Also wanting a root/rake grapple to pull shrubs and cedars .. I like the looks of the Wicked 55" but rated at 40 hp .. tested at 60 hp ... but a nice 200 lbs ... but he also has a 60" construction grapple rated at 60 hp at a better price but weights in at 479 lbs .... I would appreciate any help you can offer on these items and Thanks ahead :) .... The tractor will come with 7' LP blade and pallet forks if that helps any.

les.smith99

Equipment
B7800
Jul 27, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I have a L3830GST, I got the ETA 60” wicked root grapple, love it, very strong and one of the lightest out there. I applied the WR Long 3rd function kit, it was easy to put on. I would also advise you to get the hose saver that ETA sells, it keeps your hoses under control wether you are using the grapple or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WCR

Equipment
Feb 11, 2019
Missouri
I have a L3830GST, I got the ETA 60” wicked root grapple, love it, very strong and one of the lightest out there. I applied the WR Long 3rd function kit, it was easy to put on. I would also advise you to get the hose saver that ETA sells, it keeps your hoses under control wether you are using the grapple or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Les ... The 60" Wicked does look nice ... are the hoses in the kits long enough to route them to the back if ever need? .. at my age, I intend to do all I can with steering wheel and joy stick ...

les.smith99

Equipment
B7800
Jul 27, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I think they would be, I have not tried it since had a set of rear remotes added. That I had my dealer do. If you don’t already have them look at a set of Pats Quick Change lifting arm ends. They make hooking up very easy. I know what you mean, I’m 72 and do a lot of work around my place. I try to use a Diesel engine and hydraulics to do as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

les.smith99

Equipment
B7800
Jul 27, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Also look at the Piranha Tooth Bar it really add to the utility of your bucket. There is a thread here in the Implements and Attachments section. It seams everyone who has one loves it.

les.smith99

Equipment
B7800
Jul 27, 2010
Tyler, Texas
One last thing about rerouting the hydraulic hoses to the rear. Call the folks at ETA they are very easy to work with. They can make the hoses any length you want.

WCR

Equipment
Feb 11, 2019
Missouri
Also look at the Piranha Tooth Bar it really add to the utility of your bucket. There is a thread here in the Implements and Attachments section. It seams everyone who has one loves it.
I had been looking at the bolt in tooth bars but like the looks of the Piranha much better after seeing it here ... I'd say it is a must have item .... Pat's Quick Hitch looks like a handy tool also ... hadn't seen it before ... I need to be a little careful with the spending as I had to talk pretty fast to convince ma I needed a new tractor when I have a good 460 IHC utility with reverser gear and loader sitting in the shed ;)

Jblac197

Equipment
L3800, bush hog, tiller snowblower
Aug 21, 2018
Hibbing
Long time lurker and first time poster ... I see a lot of knowledge and help here on the forums ... I'm not new to tractors but this is my first Kubota and excited to get it home and play ... I have read and watched video's on the third function until I'm really confused :( ... looks like either WR Long or Land Pride ... is one more user friendly than the other, better kit as far as hook up's? Also wanting a root/rake grapple to pull shrubs and cedars .. I like the looks of the Wicked 55" but rated at 40 hp .. tested at 60 hp ... but a nice 200 lbs ... but he also has a 60" construction grapple rated at 60 hp at a better price but weights in at 479 lbs .... I would appreciate any help you can offer on these items and Thanks ahead :) .... The tractor will come with 7' LP blade and pallet forks if that helps any.
As far as the 3rd function goes I purchased the WR long one from everythingattachments.com and have been very happy with it. It's a bit pricy but very easy to install yourself with a little mechanical ability. I would call them vs. Ordering online and have your tractor/loader model numbers ready. They sell kits designed for specific tractors when it comes to mounting brackets and hose lengths. Here's a pic of my rig after installing the 3rd function and grapple. Might be kinda blurry. Been happy with both the 3rd function and grapple

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

WCR

Equipment
Feb 11, 2019
Missouri
One last thing about rerouting the hydraulic hoses to the rear. Call the folks at ETA they are very easy to work with. They can make the hoses any length you want.
Good Ideal ... they will know how long to make them ... might come in handy sometime ... Thanks

WCR

Equipment
Feb 11, 2019
Missouri
Jblac197 ... Nice looking rig ... I can see me picking up ma's ring or tearing down the barn with one of those :) .... I will probably go with everythingattachments also ... seems to be a lot of happy people with their products ... I really like the 55 Wicked root grapple at 200 lbs. .. probably go that route if he thinks it will hold 47 horses?

WCR

Equipment
Feb 11, 2019
Missouri
Check out some of their videos, they are good and informative.
That is how I found the wicked grapple ... they were testing a 55" 200 lb grapple on a 60 horse tractor .. worked fine but not be the best to over horse it all the time .. I figure a grapple will get a lot of abuse.... have watched the third function install also ... lots of good info there.

les.smith99

Equipment
B7800
Jul 27, 2010
Tyler, Texas
There is another web site with some great videos for tractors, asktractormike.com. Some of the videos are very basic but some are very informative. His ones on being safe and legal when transporting a tractor are great. Check it out.

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
I just got the Piranha tooth bar installed yesterday and ripped up some small trees and bushes this afternoon, what a hoot!! Very effective tool. Now to concentrate my efforts in acquiring a grapple.
L3301

WCR

Equipment
Feb 11, 2019
Missouri
I just got the Piranha tooth bar installed yesterday and ripped up some small trees and bushes this afternoon, what a hoot!! Very effective tool. Now to concentrate my efforts in acquiring a grapple.
L3301
I like hearing that Sparky ... we have a lot of cleaning up to do.