L4701 + Loader question

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I don’t know exactly what you plan to do with these measurements so sorry for the long answer but some explanation of methodology may be needed for you to determine if this is sufficient for your purposes as I saw this early this morning and stopped by my L4701 on the way to work. It has the grapple on it and I didn’t have time or inclination to swap to the bucket just to take a measurement.

I set the bucket beside the loader, lined it up where it would be if attached, and measured overall length to rear of tire (165”)and rear of lift arm (171”). Obviously if you have something on the 3 point, add for that also. Those are “eyeball” measurements. I didn’t use a plumb bob and helper.

Width is a bit more complicated as the rear wheels are adjustable. I’m aware some of the L01’s don’t have adjustable rears. The 4701 does. Mine are set for 72” total width edge of tread to edge of tread. The sidewalls are slightly wider so I’d figure about 75” total sidewall to sidewall. They are not in the widest position but they are set to use 72” implements and cover the wheel tracks. The pages from the manual providing the width options for the various tire options should be below along with a few photos to clarify. Please note the measurements on the manual are center to center so you have to add a full tire width to get the edge to edge measurement. In the case of mine, the rear tire width is 16” so it’s not insignificant.

Front tires are 62” outside to outside. That would be the widest point of the tractor but for the rears. Of course the standard loader bucket is 72” so if the bucket is on it 72” is minimum width regardless what you do with the tractor.

In case you care about height (which you may not) it just barely squeaks through a 9’ door with ROPS up. More like 6’ with ROPS down.

If you need something specific beyond that, I’ll see if I can get it for you.

EFB3B261-51CA-4043-A577-284D1771994E.jpeg
B7FE2B4D-FDDE-4D28-B79D-50144FB24561.png
7DCA9219-71DC-4A0C-B386-6251554BFCFF.png
E71491E7-FF18-4040-B51E-967BD9652BAA.jpeg
13A61CE8-980E-4BCB-9759-44D53D0D9B06.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

JonathanP

Equipment
Kubota
Jul 22, 2021
Pinckney, MI
Eow
I don’t know exactly what you plan to do with these measurements so sorry for the long answer but some explanation of methodology may be needed for you to determine if this is sufficient for your purposes as I saw this early this morning and stopped by my L4701 on the way to work. It has the grapple on it and I didn’t have time or inclination to swap to the bucket just to take a measurement.

I set the bucket beside the loader, lined it up where it would be if attached, and measured overall length to rear of tire (165”)and rear of lift arm (171”). Obviously if you have something on the 3 point, add for that also. Those are “eyeball” measurements. I didn’t use a plumb bob and helper.

Width is a bit more complicated as the rear wheels are adjustable. I’m aware some of the L01’s don’t have adjustable rears. The 4701 does. Mine are set for 72” total width edge of tread to edge of tread. The sidewalls are slightly wider so I’d figure about 75” total sidewall to sidewall. They are not in the widest position but they are set to use 72” implements and cover the wheel tracks. The pages from the manual providing the width options for the various tire options should be below along with a few photos to clarify. Please note the measurements on the manual are center to center so you have to add a full tire width to get the edge to edge measurement. In the case of mine, the rear tire width is 16” so it’s not insignificant.

Front tires are 62” outside to outside. That would be the widest point of the tractor but for the rears. Of course the standard loader bucket is 72” so if the bucket is on it 72” is minimum width regardless what you do with the tractor.

In case you care about height (which you may not) it just barely squeaks through a 9’ door with ROPS up. More like 6’ with ROPS down.

If you need something specific beyond that, I’ll see if I can get it for you.

View attachment 72354 View attachment 72355 View attachment 72356 View attachment 72357 View attachment 72358
Wow! That’s an awesome answer! I appreciate all that you did for me. I was attempting to determine whether or not it was feasible to fit in my garage, or whether a carport outside made more sense! Your findings helped considerably. Thank you for that!

Reactions: 1 users