L4701 1st regen

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Finally got to take my tractor off of the trailer and do some work. Bush hogged the powerline on my property in Mississippi then started playing with my discs. Tractor went into regen mode at 4.5 hrs and lasted about 15 minutes. Seems kind of quick for a regen to me. It had 1 hr on it when I got it and most of the other 3.5 hrs I was running at pto speed cutting grass or pulling discs. I will see how long it takes for the next one. Regen went smooth, increased about 200 rpms until the increase rpm light went off and chopped a food plot until the regen light went off. Hope the next one is a few hrs longer before it needs it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scottfarm

Equipment
l4701
Nov 29, 2016
Sneads
My L4701 had 1st generaltion at 5 hours and second one at 25 hours. Got 42 hours on it so far.

DocHolladay

Equipment
MX5200, FEL
Oct 19, 2015
Murfreesboro, TN
Mine will usually regen every 10-12 hours, unless we are using it to move brush or cutting trees and using it to hold the limbs while cutting. It idles for 5-15 minutes while getting everything chained up and cutting or loading the FEL. It was used the other day for 4 hours in the idle/run and then my brother put out hay for the cows and it wanted to do a regen about the time he was headed home. Total run time was about 4.5-5 hours before the regen. I find that it is a longer time between regens if you keep it at a higher RPM while using it. Mine is DT

fendley

Equipment
L3901, LA525, BH77, SVL65-2
Dec 31, 2016
St Marys, GA, USA
That's what I'm seeing on my new 3901. Just did my second regen at 25 hours. Bumped up the rpm by a couple hundred and kept working. 10 minutes later it was done. Mine is a HST.

Last edited:

Cumminstech

Equipment
L4701
Dec 19, 2016
adams co PA
I have a l4701 HST, an also had found the same thing, seemed to regen to often. Although I was being easy on it for the first 15 hr. I was running at 2000 rpm an had two regens in them amount of hrs. So what I do now is start it an run it at 1500-1800 till the coolant temp gauge is up about a quarter the way, then I run it at 2400 rpms at all times, unless I'm brush hog, then it's max throttle. An little idle time, five mins or Id shut it off. With doing that I have gone 25hrs without a regen. As long as you keep the exhaust up to temp an or putting a load on the engine it will oxidize the soot trapped in the dpf an help keep it clean without having to dump fuel in the exhaust during a regen.

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
I had my 2nd regen today at 10.5 hrs. I did have some extended idle time hooking up and swapping implements around and a few other lower rpm duties that totaled probably 1-1.5 hrs. The other 2-3 hrs today it was run at wot under a load for the most part. As soon as I get things cleaned up on my property where I can run it at higher rpm's without tearing something up I will see how long it goes between regens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro