L4630 front weights

lourent

Equipment
Kubota L4630
Jul 9, 2019
Pretoria
Good day all, a question again. Is there a magic weight or math formula to work out what my front weights should be?

I plan to use the tractor for ground engaging work and mowing mostly. My soil is a very rough type sand, rock hard when totally dry and soft when wet. My property is close to level with a very slight fall. I will have to deal with alot of tree roots as a start. I have no FEL fitted, not sue what the previous owner did with mine. All the brackets are there though. Leaving it on for extra weight.

Any sugestions on weights to use will also be appreciated. To get Kubota weights here is out of the quistion.

Thanks Thys

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Not sure what type of mower but I have to add weight to the front only so the weight of the implements is offset enough to be able to steer tractor when the implements are raised. I just put as much weight as possible on my small tractor and leave the weight on at all time.

Many weights are mounted in a similar fashion so you may be able to find local version that fits. Some people get plate steel cut to shape and size to fit the bracket instead of the cast iron version.

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Good day all, a question again. Is there a magic weight or math formula to work out what my front weights should be?

I plan to use the tractor for ground engaging work and mowing mostly. My soil is a very rough type sand, rock hard when totally dry and soft when wet. My property is close to level with a very slight fall. I will have to deal with alot of tree roots as a start. I have no FEL fitted, not sue what the previous owner did with mine. All the brackets are there though. Leaving it on for extra weight.

Any sugestions on weights to use will also be appreciated. To get Kubota weights here is out of the quistion.

Thanks Thys
L series tractors use 55 Lb. suitcase weights.

Most weight brackets will accept a full set of 7 weights but cannot imagine that you might need 7. Some grill guards will accept up to 4 weights. I have a full set with front weight bracket for my L6060 but use 4 mounted to the grill guard when mowing with a heavy 6' cutter on sometimes steep ground.

Weight bracket or grill guard mounting, front weights cannot be installed with the FEL in place.

SDT

Reactions: 1 user

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
Speaking of front weights... how do I mount them to a BX1880 with a factory grill guard?? I saw the mention of mounting but it might be for just the L series... Sorry, don't mean to hijack your post OP! Maybe we cab kill two birds with one stone here...

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
If you got a loader…fill it with something …. concrete construction blocks or gravel or dirt or….

If you don’t have a loader…get a loader. :love: