L4310 won't shift into low range

Vahunter

Equipment
Kubota L4310; Woods Ground Mover LC102 FEL; EA Wicked 60 Grapple
Mar 15, 2021
Virginia
Good morning....long time Kubota owner and just found this site believe it or not. I'm hoping for some help. I have an L4310HST i've been running for years. All of the sudden I can't shift into low range. No problems running in medium or high range. I've looked underneath and the linkage seems to be fine, as far as I can tell. Any ideas from anyone on what could be causing this? Thanks!

Justasquid

Equipment
L4240HSTC
Nov 2, 2020
Michigan
If all looks good from the outside and your doing The obvious clutch and stopped while shifting and no load on the tractor, it may be internal.

When was the last time the fluid and or filters changed? It may be worth it to drop the filter just to make sure there isn’t any major metal on the filter.

there are a lot of knowledgeable people here. Hopefully someone chimes in that has a better idea of what to look for with that model.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
If medium and high are ok then the good news is the HST unit is not involved at all in this issue. The fix should hopefully be easy.

Behind the HST there's a 3-speed range gearbox. The linkage is not moving the low gear shifting fork far enough to get the gear engaged.

While a helper moves the shift lever back and forth in the L-N slot , look closely at the linkage for anything that is loose or not turning, broken spring pin, etc. The rods are adjustable in length if needed

Diagrams attached of the shift lever and two versions of the rods, etc. depending on S/N of the tractor 50013 / 50014.

Attachments

Last edited:

Vahunter

Equipment
Kubota L4310; Woods Ground Mover LC102 FEL; EA Wicked 60 Grapple
Mar 15, 2021
Virginia
If medium and high are ok then the good news is the HST unit is not involved at all in this issue. The fix should hopefully be easy.

Behind the HST there's a 3-speed range gearbox. The outside linkage is not rotating the low gear shiting fork far enough to get gear ingaged

While a helper moves the shift lever back and forth in the L-N slot , look closely at the linkage for anything that is loose. The rods are adjustable.

Diagrams attached of the shift lever and two versions of the rods, etc. depending on S/N of the tractor 50013 / 50014.
Thanks for the responses folks, I'll give this a try.