L4310 Oil Plug

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
The treads on the plug are worn down? No, not common for a drain plug. I’ve got one rig I’ve changed the oil on 45 times, the drain plug is fine. I’d like to think the threads on the pan are healthy and there’s no drips involved.

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I can't answer your question directly, but my life long experience with worn or stripped out oil plugs is caused by over-tightening.

Very similar to the phenomenon of people "Gorilla Tightening" their oil filters on.

Not that you need one or anything, but I have one of these that I use on my boat so I don't have to take the cowlings off to change the oil.

They work awesome (unless you have a split pan like the 2501). Not sure if your tractor has a split pan or not?

I also use it on the wifes mini van because the filter is located on the top of the motor.

Sure makes for an easy 5 minute, no mess oil change.

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/jab178...MIisiz8azDggMV20t_AB2CLA-wEAQYCCABEgKzEfD_BwE

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Oil Filler Plug on Side of engine…
So you mean the “dip stick” or the rubber plug about halfway up the side of the block where oil can be poured into (I think this is what you mean). And you don’t mean the threaded cap on the top of the engine that has the word “oil” embossed into it. For further reference the plug on the bottom of the engine’s oil pan from which oil is drained is called the drain plug (there might even be two of them if the drain plan is split by the front drive shaft).

Whatever it is that’s worn out, replace it and it should be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user