L4060HSTC Seat with good lumber support.

GBJeffOH

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
The arm rests on the stock seat is 23" wide. You can go wider than that.

The stock seat has 4" of travel.

I called 3 Kubota dealers asking about the air ride Kubota seat.

One dealer said the stock seat is great and they never sold the air ride seat.

2 dealers said they have sold them but they know nothing about it.

I can't find anything on Kubota's site.

Some info I found made me think it was a Grammer seat. I called Grammer and they said the arm rest on all of there seats is 25" wide. That is to wide. They said Kubota buys the air ride base and puts some other seat on it.

I would like good lumber support. I would like the arm rests to be 10" above the seat.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
The OEM K air ride seat is made by grammar

You will need to go to the Grammar website and download their spec sheets to see if you like their dimensions based on your desired measurements. You will then need to decide if it will fit your machine. Bottom line - you need to do your homework or risk buying an expensive boat anchor.

Dealers will help you buy something in their stock lists as long as it requires minimal effort on their part. If you ask them to think for you then they will say "we don't sell that"

Reactions: 1 user

GBJeffOH

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
The OEM K air ride seat is made by grammar

You will need to go to the Grammar website and download their spec sheets to see if you like their dimensions based on your desired measurements. You will then need to decide if it will fit your machine. Bottom line - you need to do your homework or risk buying an expensive boat anchor.

Dealers will help you buy something in their stock lists as long as it requires minimal effort on their part. If you ask them to think for you then they will say "we don't sell that"
Grammer support said it is not there seat. All of there seats are to wide. Maybe Grammer support is wrong. The Grammer drawings are missing a lot of dimensions.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The arm rests on the stock seat is 23" wide. You can go wider than that.

The stock seat has 4" of travel.

I called 3 Kubota dealers asking about the air ride Kubota seat.

One dealer said the stock seat is great and they never sold the air ride seat.

2 dealers said they have sold them but they know nothing about it.

I can't find anything on Kubota's site.

Some info I found made me think it was a Grammer seat. I called Grammer and they said the arm rest on all of there seats is 25" wide. That is to wide. They said Kubota buys the air ride base and puts some other seat on it.

I would like good lumber support. I would like the arm rests to be 10" above the seat.
I do not have a Kubota mower, but a SCAG instead.
My seat back angle/pitch was not good for me, so I did need "lumber" support.
Bolted a piece of "lumber" under the back edge of the seat frame, to so the seat back would tilt forward a bit more.
"Lumber support":ROFLMAO: really did solve the seat comfort problem for me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
If you do a search on here on the "air ride" seat, you should find several "hits". As I recall most reviews are positive. You might be able to PM some of the folks who have the air ride seat and have posted about it and ask specific questions. I have the regular spring suspension seat on my L3560 and it works well for me, but I don't spend long hours in it and I'm about 200 lbs so it rarely bottoms out on me. I also generally keep the arm rests flipped up too because I am typically on and off it a lot.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
So far I've had 3 Kubotae and all of them seemed designed to leave the factory in "Let's give chim a wedgie" configuration. To prevent the forward dump position, I raised the front of them.

The current cloth seat with whatever factory suspension is by far the most comfortable. It's raised probably an inch or so at the front.

The worst seat was on a B7500. It didn't have much in the way of suspension. There's an auxiliary driveway here that has very slight ridges when crossed at a right angle. When I was in a hurry and crossed it the seat would spank me WAPWAPWAP in a way that only male operators would find painful.

• Haha

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
So far I've had 3 Kubotae and all of them seemed designed to leave the factory in "Let's give chim a wedgie" configuration. To prevent the forward dump position, I raised the front of them.

The current cloth seat with whatever factory suspension is by far the most comfortable. It's raised probably an inch or so at the front.

The worst seat was on a B7500. It didn't have much in the way of suspension. There's an auxiliary driveway here that has very slight ridges when crossed at a right angle. When I was in a hurry and crossed it the seat would spank me WAPWAPWAP in a way that only male operators would find painful.
Ouch !

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Grammer support said it is not there seat. All of there seats are to wide. Maybe Grammer support is wrong. The Grammer drawings are missing a lot of dimensions.
Grammer support isn't helpful or very good IMHO. Their drawings are even less helpful. I was able to find better dimensioned schematics from flea-bay sellers out of Germany.

Look at the pics in this thread

FYI my K OEM air ride seat even has the sticker on the back "made by grammer"

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Factory air ride seat installed in spring. The arm rests adjust up and down via the grey roller. The manual is available on Grammer’s site.

IMG_0255.jpeg

IMG_2023-7-13-081159.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

GBJeffOH

Equipment
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I haven’t checked it. On the arm rest I think it is fixed at the seat and the roller adjusts it at the end, I may be wrong on that though.

GBJeffOH

Equipment
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
I haven’t checked it. On the arm rest I think it is fixed at the seat and the roller adjusts it at the end, I may be wrong on that though.
There are 5 height settings.
1689518763960.png

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
I have the open station Grammar air ride seat on my 4760.
Kubota dealer did not know much about the seat, I was asking about the flip up the seat to keep PTO running feature that is disabled when using an air ride seat. I also was not impressed trying to find information about the seat on Grammars web site. I did call Grammar tech support and spent 1/2 hour on the phone with them. They followed up by e-mailing me wiring schematics for the seat and safety switches.

The seat is fine for me and my weight 250+. I keep arm rests flipped up but my wife uses them. My only complaints is Kubota has the seat pan mounted really low for my 6'3" height. I can go a few hours at a time before I get uncomfortable. The seat has a N.O. and N.C. set of contacts installed When you pay $1K to upgrade the seat, kubota should include a switch to restore the PTO function.

WillyBill

Equipment
M5660SUHD, LA1154SU w/3rd Function
Mar 25, 2021
Northwest Tennessee
I have the open station Grammar air ride seat on my 4760.
Kubota dealer did not know much about the seat, I was asking about the flip up the seat to keep PTO running feature that is disabled when using an air ride seat. I also was not impressed trying to find information about the seat on Grammars web site. I did call Grammar tech support and spent 1/2 hour on the phone with them. They followed up by e-mailing me wiring schematics for the seat and safety switches.

The seat is fine for me and my weight 250+. I keep arm rests flipped up but my wife uses them. My only complaints is Kubota has the seat pan mounted really low for my 6'3" height. I can go a few hours at a time before I get uncomfortable. The seat has a N.O. and N.C. set of contacts installed When you pay $1K to upgrade the seat, kubota should include a switch to restore the PTO function.
Did your O/S air ride seat come on your 4760 or is it aftermarket? If aftermarket, what is the model number?

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
The air ride seat is a Grammer model 75G/531. It was available as an option/upgrade when I purchased my L4760. It was supplied by Kubota.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I PM’d you. I can take pics but it’s my understanding that the kit includes the mounts.