L4060 Operating Abilities

J-Cub22

Equipment
L4060, JD 5425, NH 5030, Polaris Ranger 1000.
May 24, 2021
Tennessee
And I still can’t figure this out!! Here’s the post to go with the pics.
So I’m posting because there’s so little info out about the L4060. I’ve posted earlier asking about buying advice and an initial update with pics. The tractor now has 54 hours on it and I feel like I can make a decent assessment of the machine. Ive used a 6’ bush hog a good bit on all terrains, raked hay, teddered hay, moved/loaded/trammed 4x5 rolls and mowed with a 442 NH disc mower. I have basically no experience using the loader for anything other than moving rolls of hay, which is more or less what I’ll do the most with the loader. This tractor is purely used for ag purposes as a smaller chore tractor and has done amazing to this point. The cab is very comfortable and the a/c blows cold all while having awesome visibility all around. There’s plenty of room given the size of the tractor. I notice the difference going back to my JD 5425, but nothing that’s a deal breaker. I know very little about the 442 disc mower as I got it in an auction lot years ago and have used it once or twice. The mower is in excellent condition and works like a charm on this tractor even on steeper ground. It did pull the machine down on steep uphill pulls, but nothing the HD-S couldn’t shift down to handle. I run the tractor at higher rpm’s and it seems to do best that way, similar to keeping the rpm’s up on a turbocharged tractor. Weight hasn’t been an issue with any equipment or rolls of hay, it’s handled it all. The 4wd works as expected and the tractor hasn’t slipped anymore than would be expected in a damp mowing application. The turning radius really helps when raking hay and such. I feel like the tractor would do better without the loader in applications like raking and so on, it’s unnecessary weight in my opinion, adds length in tight spots and makes for a rougher ride in more rough fields. I may try without the loader on second cut. Fuel use seems a little high to me, but I don’t have the specs with me on average fuel use, but the machine has the data on it. Once you figure out all the functions, this will be a great machine for many tasks and I’m still learning the ins and outs. I hope this helps others looking at this Grand L line. I’ll keep posting and updating as I can.

Reactions: 4 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I’m right with you - we use the machine for different applications and it does beautifully on both.

6D8B1AB8-C32D-45FC-80D0-8D5BAB8C3B8C.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Fastball714

Equipment
L4060HSTC, B3300SU
Feb 27, 2021
Georgia
I love my 4060. Does anyone know how long you can go when the REFUEL lite comes on? i was cutting grass and wanted to finish, and kept cutting. It showed 14.0 gallons used.

J-Cub22

Equipment
L4060, JD 5425, NH 5030, Polaris Ranger 1000.
May 24, 2021
Tennessee
I love my 4060. Does anyone know how long you can go when the REFUEL lite comes on? i was cutting grass and wanted to finish, and kept cutting. It showed 14.0 gallons used.
No clue here, not sure I’ve made it to the light coming on. I fill up when I pass the diesel tank. I may try that soon though for the heck of it!