L4060 buying advice

King Lars Kubota

New member

Equipment
Kubota L4060 ROPS, LA805 loader, BH92 backhoe, back blade, EA Wicked grapple
Apr 21, 2019
20
0
0
Rogers City, Michigan
I was looking at buying an L4701, but after weighing everything out I decided on the L4060 ROPS with the LA805 loader and BH92 backhoe. I'm going tomorrow morning to order it. But I'm wanting to make sure I get the right options without getting ones I don't need as well as ballpark pricing on the them. I do want to put a grapple on the front so a 3rd function is one option I'll need. Is the backhoe hydraulic thumb worth it? Does the mid PTO hinder ground clearance at all? I'm not sure that I'll get a snow blower as I have a plow on my truck right now. But when I get a new truck it'd be nice not to have to put a plow on it. What other options would you suggest I look at getting. It'll be used on our property we just bought with our new house on 12 acres that we'll be building a pole barn on with a lot of ground prep work to do. It'll also be used at the hunting camp (80acres) and used occasionally at the 200 acre farm. This is the property where the house is. The orange marks show where the pole barn is going. It's mostly sandy soil and was select cut about 5 years ago.
 

Attachments

Last edited:

NWAZL3560

Active member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
130
59
28
Mesquite, NV
I recommend getting pallet forks. I have the Kubota forks and I use them more than any other attachment.
 

PaulL

Well-known member

Equipment
B2601, MX5200.
Jul 17, 2017
2,805
1,795
113
NZ
Mid PTO comes out of the transmission, so it's no lower than the overall transmission. Shouldn't impact ground clearance.
 

King Lars Kubota

New member

Equipment
Kubota L4060 ROPS, LA805 loader, BH92 backhoe, back blade, EA Wicked grapple
Apr 21, 2019
20
0
0
Rogers City, Michigan
Well, we pulled the trigger today. Thanks for the replies by the way. L4060 with the LA805 loader w/3rd function and BH92 backhoe w/mechanical thumb. We went through all the options, which the salesman actually talked me out of a lot of them. One was the air ride seat. He said you lose the swivel function of the seat if you go with the air ride seat. And he said the standard seat is just as nice. So when I sat in one I would've sworn I was sitting on an air seat. I didn't go with mid PTO because at this point I wouldn't be using any front implements and can't really say when I would. Being that I already have a pickup mounted plow. It can be added later so I figured if the chance comes up that I'll need one I can have it added at that point. I think I'll be buying the EA Wicked grapple and definitely the pallet forks. And probably sooner than later the Land Pride hydro angle/tilt/offset back blade. I was hoping to have it by Friday morning. He said he'll try. But he didn't seem that it looked too promising. Lol. Thanks again for the insight, it's much appreciated!
 
Last edited:

King Lars Kubota

New member

Equipment
Kubota L4060 ROPS, LA805 loader, BH92 backhoe, back blade, EA Wicked grapple
Apr 21, 2019
20
0
0
Rogers City, Michigan
Thanks! I definitely will share some pics as soon as I get it. Which can't come soon enough, lol. I guess it'll be here early next week. He was going to try to have it ready to me by tomorrow being that I'm on midnights. But they're pretty busy and he didn't want to make promises he couldn't be sure that he could keep. That would've given me my long weekend to play around with... I mean get some work done around here, lol.