L4060 -Brake lights

Brankor

Equipment
2018 - L4060
Nov 26, 2020
Sudbury Ontario
Hi everyone -- I noticed that the rear bulbs on my L4060 are double contact --- (running tail lights and brake lights)--- Question - Why are the brake light not working? -- Is there a brake pedal switch missing? Anybody Else have the same issue (No brake light on there L serie tractor- Is there a fix ? Thanks

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I have never looked to see if I have brake lights or not. I have checked all my flashers, just never thought about checking to see if there are brake lights.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Hi everyone -- I noticed that the rear bulbs on my L4060 are double contact --- (running tail lights and brake lights)--- Question - Why are the brake light not working? -- Is there a brake pedal switch missing? Anybody Else have the same issue (No brake light on there L serie tractor- Is there a fix ? Thanks
I just changed my bulbs yesterday to LEDS and found the same thing. Later today I am going to investigate to see if I even have a brake light switch.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I'm not familiar with your tractor, but I've seen more with turn/hazard flashers than brake lights. What does you operator's manual say?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Far as I know of, Kubota has never employed a brake light switch and no Kubota has brake lights. You could add one I guess but remember, with split brakes, you'll need to switches or keep the pedals locked together all the time (with one switch).

Brankor

Equipment
2018 - L4060
Nov 26, 2020
Sudbury Ontario
Far as I know of, Kubota has never employed a brake light switch and no Kubota has brake lights. You could add one I guess but remember, with split brakes, you'll need to switches or keep the pedals locked together all the time (with one switch).
thank you

Ridger

Equipment
L3940 HST
Nov 26, 2014
North LA
I own an L3940 that I purchased several years ago. I also noticed the double filiment bulbs and wondered why no brake lights. I asked the question to Kubota and this was their reply:

The configuration for the North American market does not include a brake lamp package. The lamp assemblies and the bulbs are the same as used in markets that require active brake lamps and differences would include items such as wiring harness and switching devices.

Thank you for being a Kubota customer.

Sincerely,
Kubota Service

Reactions: 1 user

Brankor

Equipment
2018 - L4060
Nov 26, 2020
Sudbury Ontario
I own an L3940 that I purchased several years ago. I also noticed the double filiment bulbs and wondered why no brake lights. I asked the question to Kubota and this was their reply:

The configuration for the North American market does not include a brake lamp package. The lamp assemblies and the bulbs are the same as used in markets that require active brake lamps and differences would include items such as wiring harness and switching devices.

Thank you for being a Kubota customer.

Sincerely,
Kubota Service
Hi

I appreciate the very detailed answer --- Now I know its not only my unit without brake lights ..
Thanks again
Claude

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Or a couple diodes:)

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Not sure how useful brake lights would be anyway. Don't you do most of the braking with the engine? Seems like with HST, you'd only use the brakes for turning and maybe set the parking brake once in a while.

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Since I just changed my bulbs to LEDS I'm going to wire that second light to something. . . Maybe just in parallel with the other side of the bulb.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Since I just changed my bulbs to LEDS I'm going to wire that second light to something. . . Maybe just in parallel with the other side of the bulb.
But isn't the second filament already used for flashers, as mentioned above?

My tractors use the dual bulbs for flashers and turn signals as best I remember...do not use them much in winter, except the larger one for snow plowing, which I always hope these days is not that often...

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
no, this piece has split sides. One side is the flasher with a single bulb. The other is the red running light with a dual bulb - one side that is never energized unless you have a non US tractor.